Your best shave razor?

I've just had to check that this wasn't posted in the SE section as the majority seem to be of that ilk - do DEs not get any love any more ? Where's all the aristocrats and fat boys ?

Best DE shave I can get is the Fat Handled Tech with a Feather. So easy, foolproof and the result is always very comfortable. It's my favourite DE anyway, just love the look of it and how it handles. If I didn't like so many other DE and SE razors I'd use it nearly all the time.

After going round the houses with trying new razors, my firm favorite has to be the gillette new - feel I really need to really get to grips with the 1912 though after reading this thread!

I've just had to check that this wasn't posted in the SE section as the majority seem to be of that ilk - do DEs not get any love any more ? Where's all the aristocrats and fat boys ?

Because if the Truth Be Known, SE Razors actually provide better shaves than DE razors.

Yes Alan, I agree it's a disturbing thought, the idea being how popular those goofy looking 1912ish shaving contraptions are. How much better the shave is.....or so it seems.

Not to offend any members of course, but I think what's been happening for a while, the intruding into normal shaving life, had occurred yet again. It's them fellers with those old timey contraptions once more........wait, I have an example. They are sorta like the Tea Party of shavers...y'all know bout them?

Difference being this SE thing is run more like a cult. Yep, there's a few High Priests and a LOT of disciples. Yep, they all get together and make lots of noise, but thank God there ain't too many of em. SE razors DO provide better shaves than a DE razor......but only for some people. Some meaning the minority.......the small band of crazies. Some can even be likeable, but still nuts.

Hope that helps explain the situation as I see it. Once again, no offense meant to the few goofballs who use those ridiculous looking things.

Martin

Yes Alan, I agree it's a disturbing thought, the idea being how popular those goofy looking 1912ish shaving contraptions are. How much better the shave is.....or so it seems.

Not to offend any members of course, but I think what's been happening for a while, the intruding into normal shaving life, had occurred yet again. It's them fellers with those old timey contraptions once more........wait, I have an example. They are sorta like the Tea Party of shavers...y'all know bout them?

Difference being this SE thing is run more like a cult. Yep, there's a few High Priests and a LOT of disciples. Yep, they all get together and make lots of noise, but thank God there ain't too many of em. SE razors DO provide better shaves than a DE razor......but only for some people. Some meaning the minority.......the small band of crazies. Some can even be likeable, but still nuts.

Hope that helps explain the situation as I see it. Once again, no offense meant to the few goofballs who use those ridiculous looking things.

Martin
A voice of reason !!! I nearly got sucked into the SE cult. I love all my razors ( the Durhams just to look at ) but if I'm really truthful I'm a DE man at heart.

Martin
You're right Martin. SE razors are complete rubbish and I don't think people should buy them. Stick with DE, folks!
That should keep prices for SE razors down, I hope :p

A voice of reason !!! I nearly got sucked into the SE cult. I love all my razors ( the Durhams just to look at ) but if I'm really truthful I'm a DE man at heart.

I must have held off trying a 1912ish thing for 5-6 years before finally giving a few types a shot. Didn't work for a number of reasons and I just cannot see the attraction to those clunky old pieces of junk....no offense meant once again. Ok, maybe a little of disgust slipped out there and I apologize.

Was it Paul who really got things rolling? Damn him and his purty tongue!! I didn't read this whole thread since I know from the last post what I will see to make me queasy. Man, it's just an amazing situation.....how many people love those SE (non injector) things. Plus, the most common blade seems to be a great fit for about everyone...also amazing.

Well anyway, they're fun to poke fun at. Crazy bastards for the most part.

Martin

Martin
I would say that SE acolytes are entitled to their preferences, just as Tea Party supporters. You're just trying to poke the bear in order to rile the Brits. This group doesn't rile.

. You're just trying to poke the bear in order to rile the Brits. This group doesn't rile.

Not to disagree with your lofty thoughts, but this ain't considered doing any poking of anyone. This is just a good natured nudge is all.

Now when it comes to certain topics I can tell you this bunch turns feral....the whole lot of em!!! Religion and politics, now that's some serious poking. Maybe sports sometimes too.

Never seen anything like the transformation that comes over em all. It's like a mob with rabies or something. Oh, and the language is pretty intense, and mostly used correctly in context. They swear so much it's like watching Yankers typing at each other instead of the usually over polite Limey façade/disguise.

Yeah, this place is a powder keg always on the edge of blowin itself up real good.

Martin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom