Your EDC functions check list

How many of these tasks/functions can you perform w/ just your EDC kit?

• Open a bottle cap w/out hitting the bottle on the side of the table, etc ;-)

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Cut open a box / sharpen a pencil

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Screwdriver (flathead/slotted, philips)

• Write a note on a piece of paper

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Entertain yourself for 30 mins (spinner, music, etc)

• Light up a dark room (non-fire)

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Start a fire

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Reply to a post on TSR

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Pay for a coffee

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Tell what time it is

Votes: 13 92.9%

• Total voters
Just for fun - which of these ten functions can YOU do if you have nothing but your everyday EDC kit with you (i.e. your keyring items and whatever you normally carry in your bag/pockets).

Note: not what you COULD bring with you to do...but the things you DO have with you, say today;

o07zo9.jpg

(For Tapatalk users there's a poll attached to this thread with these options;
Open a bottle cap
Cut open a box / sharpen a pencil
Screwdriver (flathead/slotted, philips)
Write a note on a piece of paper
Entertain yourself for 30 mins (spinner, music, etc)
Light up a dark room (non-fire)
Start a fire
Reply to a post on ATG
Pay for a coffee
Tell what time it is

Just a phone and a keyring. Cover most bases except making a fire or opening a box.

I've got the Samsung Note 4 so I do have a way of actually hand written notes but not on physical paper so didn't claim that one.

Good poll, made me think at 6am

Just a phone and a keyring. Cover most bases except making a fire or opening a box.

I've got the Samsung Note 4 so I do have a way of actually hand written notes but not on physical paper so didn't claim that one.

Good poll, made me think at 6am

Funny thing is....a smart phone can automatically check off half of the items.

For never-ending inspiration - actual user's photos: https://everydaycarry.com/

As far as keychain knives goes people seem to love the Spyderco Bug (about £5):
I have the Honeybee version of this knife. Still within the UK limits of legal carry, however I do question this. You can still 'slash' and also 'stab' someone causing serious damage, in particular the neck area so Safe carry... hmmm. Also whilst on FB I noticed the amount of people across the pond who have firearms as their EDC is astounding, in fact more like shocking! Guns of every shape and description.

So I'm not too sure if they are allowed to carry these items every day or they have them in a drawer and just bring them out for show, but if someone in the UK was walking down the street with a firearm holstered ARV (Armed Response Vehicles) would be put into play and the whole street shutdown.

Know what you mean about the UK legal carry. To be honest though I wouldn't go there too much. I've seen many an argument on Scouting forums ending up quite nasty. People interpreting the law in different ways, even the Police and also the differences just in Scotland.

End of the day for the normal punter a small UK legal in their pocket shouldn't bring any attention. Now going around with anything on display in public, well your asking for the attention of the boys in blue.

I've a couple of locking blades and sheath knives, all used for Scouting that I can't even take on a Scout campsite as they have public access.

I have the Honeybee version of this knife. Still within the UK limits of legal carry, however I do question this. You can still 'slash' and also 'stab' someone causing serious damage, in particular the neck area so Safe carry... hmmm. Also whilst on FB I noticed the amount of people across the pond who have firearms as their EDC is astounding, in fact more like shocking! Guns of every shape and description.

So I'm not too sure if they are allowed to carry these items every day or they have them in a drawer and just bring them out for show, but if someone in the UK was walking down the street with a firearm holstered ARV (Armed Response Vehicles) would be put into play and the whole street shutdown.

Even guns are on sale this weekend ;)
How about a nice semi-automatic, 30 rounds, assault rifle for just $500?

It's not the guns I worry about - but some of the nuts buying them.

Discussing guns and gun laws does have a tendency to get political real fast so prolly best to stay clear of the topic and focus on keychains-and-whatnot :)

Just looked for that Bug and I think the price of £5 in the video has increased dramatically. I can't find anywhere sub £15 which seems ridiculous.

I guess someone will blame Brexit

Just looked for that Bug and I think the price of £5 in the video has increased dramatically. I can't find anywhere sub £15 which seems ridiculous.

Hm, you're right. I looked around and it seems to be about $20 over here for one.
Cheapest I could find was $12 (£9.60) w/ free US shipping

For UK based buyers this was the best I could find: $16.77 (£13.40) w/ free international shipping
- but they take offers, meaning they will sell it for less. Maybe throw out a lowball offer say £6-7 :)

Even guns are on sale this weekend ;)
How about a nice semi-automatic, 30 rounds, assault rifle for just $500?

It's not the guns I worry about - but some of the nuts buying them.

Discussing guns and gun laws does have a tendency to get political real fast so prolly best to stay clear of the topic and focus on keychains-and-whatnot :)
Whoooooooooooooooooooooops!

I noticed that too when I was looking to buy, but they are well worth the money

Back
Top Bottom