Your Help Please Gentlemen.

I have managed to stumble upon this small collection. They belonged to a recently aquired member of the families father ( it is thought). On having a trawl around the net I can find no information on these three, so if anyone can help thankyou.
Two of the party have quite bad nicks/dings in the edge, but one (the 'Raggoon' ?) will take the hairs off the back of your hand (full hollow ?).
With the right info I might be able to getbthem restored ;) or even purchase :twisted:
I have a couple more pictures, but as they were taken with my phone, the quality is not that great. If any greater detail is required please ask.

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 173
  • Picture 004.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 172
  • Picture 005.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 172
The first two looks like they don´t have much hone wear, which is good. The middle one looks like an interesting blade (the grind), but it´s hard to tell anything from those small pictures. I´ve heard about Rangoon razors, but not Raggoon. I would contact Neil Miller here on TSR, he wold be able to tell you you more.

Thanks for the help Mikael. I know the pictures are small but that's all I managed to get at the moment. Was not deff sure about the name, looks on the box as though it says 'Raccoon' but that seemed even more strange. Will wait a little before contacting Mr. M see if anyone else has any ideas. Thought I'd put the rest up if they would be any more help. The picture on the blade does look like a Raccoon :eek:

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 139
  • Picture 003.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 138
  • Picture 001.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 138
None of them look beyond salvaging. As Mikael says the second one is an interesting specimen: I wasn't sure from the first pic, but the follow up makes it look like a wedge with a wide fuller groove ground into it, not something I've seen or heard of before.

Back
Top Bottom