Your three favourite household gadgets

Well here's my favourite three household gadgets, now whats yours?

My Sky Plus, including the anytime plus through your wireless router. I thought the anytime was good until i hooked up the wireless router with my ethernet cable, it gives you so much more choice. brilliant.
My Dyson DC 24 lightwieght cleaner, simply the best.
My Nikon D80 I know it's not a household gadget but i'm including it.

You're a bit of a early adopting brand bunny aren't you James ;) in no particular order...

Internet radio player
Espresso machiine
Rex potato peeler

antdad said:
You're a bit of a early adopting brand bunny aren't you James ;) in no particular order...

Internet radio player
Espresso machiine
Rex potato peeler

I love listening to music, i cannot for the life of me understand why I dont have DAB radio, what DAB radio should I get Tony?

Jamie.

First up is my La Creuset cookware, I enjoy cooking and la creuset is worth every single penny.

Second is my new 7.1 AV Receiver. Pioneer VSX-921 it has...Internet radio, Apple AirPlay, up converts all video signals to 1080p, iOS remote app, USB input....for £320 bargain!

Third is the Siemens IQ700 Steam Oven, this was a serious investment (for me) but I am never going back to a conventional oven.

Espresso machine
The Grinder
My japanese kitchen knife, by Hiromoto:
Img152.jpg

Baxi Solo 50RS boiler
Having spent 16 years living in a house with NO central heating and a further 5 years in a room in a hospital with only a hot pipe for warmth you can possibly imagine how much I LOVE my Baxi. Its 17 years old now and I refuse to rip it out and put one of the tools of the devil combi boilers in its place. I know my boiler inside out, I can fix it myself if I have to, I can run the thing in the event of a power cut (a frequent winter event here thanks to shonky Norweb Federation underground wires) and it heats the house up super quickly.
My Zanusi 1100 washing machine
For most of the same reasons above - lack of automatic washing machine in my early life, use of laundry facilities in my student days and the fact its been quite reliable and I can fix it myself when it has gone a bit strange.
Roberts Eco1 radio
I wouldnt be without a radio, I discovered Radio 4 when I was 12 and have not looked back since. The advent of DAB has been brilliant especially with Radio 7 / Radio 4 extra. The pictures are so much better on the radio than the telly and I lived without a telly for nearly 10 years and probably wouldnt miss it (much) if you took it off me today (though after 10pm please as I want to watch the Mentalist tonight....)

jaycey said:
Mikael said:
Espresso machine
The Grinder
My japanese kitchen knife, by Hiromoto:
Img152.jpg

I would love to have a decent set of knives but my Mrs would ruin them in a week.

Good quality stainless for me I'm afraid.

if you are looking to invest in some top quality chef knives, here's a company i've purchased many knives off through the years, and can only say they are a fantastic company to deal with and great customer service, and very low shipping costs.

http://japanesechefsknife.com/products.html
Jamie

The dishwasher, had a few but no favourite, I just hate washing up.

Sony STR-DB930 Amp & AE Aegis Two floor standing speakers, a few years old now but I love the sound. Have An Aegis centre making 5-1 surround.

Ipad2

We don't really do tech kitchen household stuff.

pugh-the-special-one said:
I love listening to music, i cannot for the life of me understand why I dont have DAB radio, what DAB radio should I get Tony?

Jamie.

If you live in the valleys the DAB reception might not be up to much so I'd check that before buying a DAB. You should get good satelite radio reception through your Sky box though, if you like the radio channels on Sky you can get a reciever called a Gnome.

http://www.sky-gnome.co.uk/

I have satelite but not Sky so I don't know if it's any good, there might be some other hardware providers that I'm not aware of.

or you can get a internet radio which uses your wireless to connect to internet stations worldwide (different to above) I bought one made by Revo on the advice of someone here and it's brill but I like listening to some weird shit.

antdad said:
pugh-the-special-one said:

Jamie.

If you live in the valleys the DAB reception might not be up to much so I'd check that before buying a DAB. You should get good satelite radio reception through your Sky box though, if you like the radio channels on Sky you can get a reciever called a Gnome.

http://www.sky-gnome.co.uk/

I have satelite but not Sky so I don't know if it's any good, there might be some other hardware providers that I'm not aware of.

or you can get a internet radio which uses your wireless to connect to internet stations worldwide (different to above) I bought one made by Revo on the advice of someone here and it's brill but I like listening to some weird shit.

Thanks Tony I will definietly be looking into that.

Jamie.

I suppose Apple TV has proved a great addition to all the audio/visual/technology gadgets. The ease of showing photos and videos synced from the iMac is very popular in our household. Being able to edit, then transfer to computer and on to the TV photos and videos taken when travelling or on days out is such a pleasure compared with the methods required previously. And I wouldn't be without my subwoofer.

Wife,,,,,,(and don't even think about it Jamie):icon_razz:
Office Hi-Fi and CD collection
They go togethert: Hot Rox handwarmer and mini Thermos for winter golf.....brrrrriliant.

regards, beejay

Back
Top Bottom