Your top 10 favourite animated films ?

Even though I have not yet seen Tin Tin, I am such a massive fan of Tin Tin i'm putting it in.

Jamie

1: Beowulf
2: Sin City
3: Lord of the rings
4: Toy Story
5: Ice age
6: The jungle book
7: wallace & Gromit
8: The Incredibles
9: Pinocchio
10: Tin tin

As well as the usual Pixar and Disney favourites a few others that I've enjoyed are

The Nightmare Before Christmas
Corpse Bride
South Park Bigger, Longer and Uncut
Team America
Spirited Away

Not the answer you're looking for, but I like the Ray Harryhausen stop motion animations. Special mention for Earth Vs. the Flying Saucers.

earth_vs_the_flying_saucers_big.jpg

I love those old movie posters Andy, here's one which starred a relative of mine Warren Stevens, he's an American actor he had a fairly big role in this film, he was Lt Doc Ostrow in the Forbbiden planet, huge Sc fi film 1956, he went on to appear in many Science fiction series during the early 60s such as Star Trek Outer Limits, and some TV westerns like Gunsmoke, Bonanza, he lives in Sherman Oaks California, last time I spoke with his wife Barbara he was still alive and kicking, must be at least 90.

Jamie

7.png

pugh-the-special-one said:
I love those old movie posters Andy...

... and Forbidden Planet is a fine film by anyone's standards, Jamie. Love the way that Eastman Color filmstock adds to the dreamy otherworldy atmosphere. Here's a poster from another one of my favourites from that period, not animated but full of superb special effects:

the-war-of-the-worlds-movie-poster-1953-1020459651.jpg

Yellow Jim said:
Must be the animated version of LOTR. Not seen it myself.

Saw that one when it came out, very disappointing on most levels, but the Nazgul at the ford were pretty cool. Frodo comprehensively out-acted Elijah Wood (was ever a man more aptly named?) :icon_twisted:

2649890655_ecd97caf44.jpg

I was just about to say I'm not a fan of animated films, but Jungle Book - I loved that film so much. And what about Bambi??
Of films that I first saw as an adult, The Snowman would be the one that sticks in my mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-pX7sIjFY

antdad said:
Jesus tittyf***ing christ dudes can you include Team America and LOTR in this list?

Team America! F**k yeah!

Quite liked Titan A E, although it can't make up its mind if it is a kids film or an adult film........

If we are including "Claymation" then Chicken Run, also Wallace and Grommit's Curse of the Were Rabbit.

If we are including films with strings attached then Thunderbirds are Go.

Can't think of anymore I've seen.........

Hard to pick ten, how about three?

Ghost in the shell
Howl's moving castle
Steamboy

Toy Story Trilogy, by a country mile. Although Sid's dog in the first one is looking pretty ropey.:icon_razz:

Don't know why people hype on Akira, looks like an episode of Battle of the Planets to me.:s

Some of the Studio Ghibli stuff is quite nice to look at.

South Park is just total class and Team America WP was the best marionation since Capt. Scarlet.:angel:

One last I will give an honourable mention to, not only for the animation, but the story is How to tame your dragon. :blush:

MMMmm

Monsters Inc (first film with Daughter no2)
Jungle Book (First big animation seen)
Love all the old Ray Harry harry harry harry hausen stuff
Toy Story 1 and 3
Stingray
Thunderbirds
The secret of NIMH

Great thread!
Tim

Back
Top Bottom