Zorrik Super Platinum!

Avoid these blades at all costs! They come from India, and they are shite!

[attachment=1]
I don't know what 'New Sputtered(?!) Blade Technology is, and I don't want to know. All I know is that this blade gave me the worst shave I have ever experienced.

[attachment=0]
Here is the bagger unleashed!

Attachments

• Zorrik 001.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 243
  • Zorrik 002.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 214
Sputtering does appear to be a technical term that may actually be a description of the manufacturing process. A quick glance at Wikipedia's definition left me none the wiser*, but Henk may be able to explain it to us. Whether it is this 'sputtering' process that made the blade shite is another matter. There may just be other (max) factors at play.

Perhaps you should try a few more shaves with these blades, just to check for consistency? ;)

*Not surprising though as there were some very long words. :roll:

Once has been enough for me with these blighters! If any masochist would like to conduct extended research, pm me and I'll send one!

Like you I received some of these in a blade sampler pack.
I tried one. It wasn't great. The comment I left on my spreadsheet was "Useable but not very good".
I don't want to try any more of them but if someone wants my remaining 4 Zorrik blades I'm happy to add them to your unused tally.....

Actually, my barber gave me my packet. He uses them in his 'straight' razor shaving - breaking them in half and slotting them into the side of where the actual blade would be on a normal straight.

bazwalk said:
From my dim memory of materials science I think sputtering is the metallurgical equivalent of pebble-dashing. Hence the quality of shave :shock:

Actually, sputtering is a sort of 'low-tech' process of surface coating a piece of metal or metalloid with a physical or reactive coating that cannot (easily) be applied in a 'better' way (such as vapour deposition or chemical vapour deposition or epitaxy). The process itself is adequately described by the moniker 'sputtering', and usually results in a not very smooth coating...

No idea what it is meant to do/be in this case, but my guess is that it refers to a oxidation resistant coating applied through a sputtering process. In that case, I wouldn't be surprised if that process would compromise the sharpness of the blade.

Wil said:
chrisbell said:
Wil said:
Any other opinions on this blade?

Horrid, IMO. Rough and dull.

Oh dear, I had hoped to hear something positive. I have received some of these, so I will try them. I also have Laser SP with platinum sputtered edges and they are not that bad imo.

Tried one today, and it was not bad at all. Comfortable, close shave. I will finish all 50 of them ;-)
Setup:
Disco C333 horse hair brush (india)
Vergulde Hand shave stick as pre shave lather
Fume lavender soap
Zorrik SP
Muhle R41
Alum stick
Thayers Rose Petal
ARKO Sport a/s cream
One pass WTG, one XTG (ear-nose).
As said before I hold the R41 in vertical position.

Wil said:

Can you explain what you mean by that, Wil? Which bit of the R41 do you hold vertical to what?

I'm guessing you mean the handle vertical to your skin by which I mean at 90 degrees to your skin - which is straight razor shaving. But I want to check with you.

Bechet45 said:
Wil said:

Can you explain what you mean by that, Wil? Which bit of the R41 do you hold vertical to what?

I'm guessing you mean the handle vertical to your skin by which I mean at 90 degrees to your skin - which is straight razor shaving. But I want to check with you.

You are guessing right. It is the handle I keep parallel to my face.

Back
Top Bottom