Zorrik Super Platinum!

Tried one again, and it was good. Comfortable, close shave.

Setup:
Omega 00065 boar
Vergulde Hand shave stick as pre shave lather
Vitos soft soap (green)
Zorrik SP
Racer R314 (same as Lord L111)
Alum stick
Thayers Rose Petal
Vitos Menthol A/S Cologne
One pass WTG, one XTG (ear-nose).

The R314 and the Zorrik seem to be made for each other...

You are guessing right. It is the handle I keep parallel to my face.
[/quote]

Isn't that more of a scraping action,..handle parallel to face surely means blade edge at right angles to the skin........Sounds like a recipe for a sore face to me...i couldn't even consider using my R41 like that..........Still each to his own.

GOLDCREST said:

Isn't that more of a scraping action,..handle parallel to face surely means blade edge at right angles to the skin........Sounds like a recipe for a sore face to me...i couldn't even consider using my R41 like that..........Still each to his own.
[/quote]

As I understand it, the R41 has to be used with the handle either at almost 90 degrees to the face, or nearly parallel - anything in between will cut.

GOLDCREST said:

I felt the same when I saw GeoFatBoy shave like this with an R41 on YouTube. At first I could not get anything spectacular out of the R41. It was easily beaten by my "best" razors. There were several sweet spots / angles that worked. Found 4, IIRC.
Then I tried it like this and got a close and irritation free shave. Much to my surprise, I must add. Now, I always use it like this. Muhle advices 35/40 degrees.

My main issue with the R41 is it's so aggressive that it will bite when other razors don't.

What I mean by that is it really punishes the smallest mistakes.

I am toying with the idea of moving mine on TBH.

1st shave was excellent, 3 pass BBS
2nd was the worst shave I've had recently. Lots of nicks, copious use of styptic.
Never had this happen with Gillette silver blues, Personna lab blues, Rapira SSS, Shark's, even Derby's.
Looks like it's a one use blade, I'm unwilling to throw them.

Andy said:
Anyone got a picture of the wrapper on these?
I have some which are blue and whilst not the greatest they are good for 3 very good shaves.
These are the ones I have. They came in packs of 10

zorrik-super-platinum.jpg

The Blue one's I think come from Bangladesh.

Back
Top Bottom