A Hearty Hello

Hiya,

Just thought I would introduce myself since I have finally registered after spending many hours this last week reading all your advice.

Basically I have been using cartridges (mach3, fusion W/Sword whatevers since I started shaving some 20ish years ago. was out shopping last week needing some new blades and actually realised how expensive they are getting, at this point my old man suggested a double edge, I asked what he was talking about he just said google it :shock: I did, found a few forums in the us that were great and finally found you guys and have been lurking and reading since.

I never realised how in depth shaving could be and I hate the grind of shaving. But after reading so many people saying they actually enjoy the experience of DE shaving I thought I would give it a try.

Havent even looked into the 'extras' like soap, brush or even technique, but have descided on a vintage tech from flea bay (watching a couple) or a new Edwin Jagger from Amazon (proberly the EJ cos the wife can buy it for me as a prezzie)

Anyway enough waffle from me for now but if you feel there are some stand out topics I really should read please let me know - going to start on soaps next

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan,

I think I'd go with a new razor to start with, the Edwin Jaggers are excellent. And if you're looking at the 89/87 series, they're bloody good value at 20 quid right now. Vintage pieces can come later once technique comes along.

Everything else will eventually fall into place, but there's plenty of help here.

Welcome to TSR buddy.

Evvaa said:
Anyway enough waffle from me for now but if you feel there are some stand out topics I really should read please let me know - going to start on soaps next

Take a look here if you haven't already:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5931</a><!-- l -->

It should get you off to a good start. Oh, and of course there are the Mantic videos on YouTube.

Welcome Alan

Familiar story. I got fed up with the price of cartridges. You save quite a bit with DE blades. The trouble is, we tend to use up the savings rather quickly. I'm probably over 50 years ahead of myself by now.

Hello Alan and welcome to TSR :)
You wont go wrong with the EJ razor, the range is excellent and the shave they give is superb.
I'd go for that first then look at the others.
regards, beejay

Back
Top Bottom