Acquisitions - March 2024

Vintage refill of Floris Elite

AP1GczOcxzDpNll_W5HfaZBY1NvcPGGEGFzOXiZYTAcYvkRQvbGIJiVoSpfRJM2wH71G__y7bBWo2ZL6uGpWIsoS55aXjCyv-THnC8uWMb-AuP51yxk0T_P041LUOym2-dnSZJR7TtY81vZ0yS5AESxXx79qow=w1200

AP1GczOCJNrwLSJPlHp8W0pTN5wgzXjk7tVqyYyBDemOlotWPSa6gLDOxJC5H5Eu-0VclBDpGpm8sY_f-eZdPBfZq-FOsTVlrHQsoCJiA9F36MhcZf3j6XpRjz_PJ3lvc_LAWH4-KZHRD-pTNeMHVfFgHhPl2Q=w1200

AP1GczO-ACeeDSErA0-XxgIv-js5p-2kYAIZiXBE-0XyUglKvLPU4zJp2QnXMrA-MAGVaLdMKd68FBUessTvJvyjvUL1sapCGdUnpIYKEZbNrBi-3RK2PtppRuL7rjn8xypxzPNYKFwfXhSgUX3UO2yzTMvoQw=w1200

Vintage Trumpers ... from when it was "good".

IMG_4227.jpeg

IMG_4228.jpeg

This is the Standard Company Ltd formulation (read: "good").

IMG_4229.jpeg

Gold dot.

From my research, Trumpers were on this formulation following their reformulation from tallow. At the time, this was considered a bad thing but once the dust settled, this formulation was well regarded. Some time around 2008 Trumpers moved to the Broad Oak Toiletries formulation (owned by Floris) which was shared by Floris and TOBS.

... then, circa 2011 or 2012 they went bat-shit crazy and jumped to the Soapworks formulation and shot themselves in the foot, mouth and balls all at the same time! Silly Trumpers! I still hold out hope they'll come back, given the latest formulations that we're seeing from all the big names looks very similar across the board and it's good!

Vintage Trumpers ... from when it was "good".

View attachment 118817

View attachment 118818

This is the Standard Company Ltd formulation (read: "good").

View attachment 118819

Gold dot.

From my research, Trumpers were on this formulation following their reformulation from tallow. At the time, this was considered a bad thing but once the dust settled, this formulation was well regarded. Some time around 2008 Trumpers moved to the Broad Oak Toiletries formulation (owned by Floris) which was shared by Floris and TOBS.

... then, circa 2011 or 2012 they went bat-shit crazy and jumped to the Soapworks formulation and shot themselves in the foot, mouth and balls all at the same time! Silly Trumpers! I still hold out hope they'll come back, given the latest formulations that we're seeing from all the big names looks very similar across the board and it's good!
Nice find. As I first saw the picture (before I read the vintage part) I thought you were taking the plunge to see how it was these days.

Nice find. As I first saw the picture (before I read the vintage part) I thought you were taking the plunge to see how it was these days.
I'd be asking for a written and signed ingredient list from Trumpers! Twice bitten now. Eucris in 2014 left me very disappointed and just a couple of years ago I spotted they'd changed ingredients ... and ... another disappointment. How you can you go from crap to worse? Dummies!

Still, very nice to have a known good formulation and from a quick test lather it's going to be superb I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom