Acquisitions - Mon December 6 to Sunday 12th

CF.jpg

Smells good, looks good, debut in the morning.

1912 Ever-Ready with Bakelite case
Valet Auto-strop with case

Both arrived today - awaiting delivery of Nannys Ice and Slice and a 404 Bodger from Sharon (Snow is delaying its arrival no doubt)

Can't wait to clean up the Ever Ready and use one of the GEM SE blades JohnnyO kindly sent up. The valet has a blade still in it but no strop, and it is the version of the razor that is beyond blade modifications so will either have to buy a strop from Neil and have the courage to use the blade supplied, or just keep it as as a collectors item. I am thinking the latter as it was only 99p and I will experience SE blades with the Ever Ready without the hassle/cost of the strop added in.

Have a good one all.

Trueman

I got my Gotta today + a case from Neil, and an bay win of a TI Spartacus 4/8

The pics are my usual crap stuff, but in real these are both really nice!

The Gotta is going to be used tomorrow or wednesday, see how that one goes!

8omKE.jpg

n7f4i.jpg

Max

FrenchBlade said:
I got my Gotta today + a case from Neil, and an bay win of a TI Spartacus 4/8

The pics are my usual crap stuff, but in real these are both really nice!

The Gotta is going to be used tomorrow or wednesday, see how that one goes!

Max

How did the blade clean up Max? Did Neil manage to polish out the small marks?

FrenchBlade said:
Yellow Jim said:
How did the blade clean up Max? Did Neil manage to polish out the small marks?
Not all the marks are gone, but it cleaned up nicely! (didn't want to lose all the etching on the blade)
Happy with it, now all I need to do is give it a go!

Max

How much was the restoration?
I have an old one that is currently unshavable, but I'm hoping that it could be restored fairly well sometime in the future.

Trueman

Trueman said:
I have an old one that is currently unshavable, but I'm hoping that it could be restored fairly well sometime in the future.

Trueman
It all depends on what needs done, you should send Neil detailed pics so he can do an estimate.
On mine he did more work than he taught was necessary because I insisted. (unpinning/repinning etc.)
In the end it was worth it, because there was some unseen rust there.
(but mine wasn't a restoration, more a recondition)

I asked him to go all out, but the initial condition of the razor was quite good.

Anyways, the only one that can tell you is Neil, I paid less than 20 quid (including honing, excl postage)

I'm very satisfied with Neils work, and I think most people here can vouch for his work.

Max

A huge box of stuff from Professor Blighty, a Red Flair Tip Super Speed and some shaving cream...........and a prezzie from Secret Santa which is now in the festive corner of the room.............. :lol: :lol:

FrenchBlade said:
Trueman said:

Trueman
It all depends on what needs done, you should send Neil detailed pics so he can do an estimate.
On mine he did more work than he taught was necessary because I insisted. (unpinning/repinning etc.)
In the end it was worth it, because there was some unseen rust there.
(but mine wasn't a restoration, more a recondition)

I asked him to go all out, but the initial condition of the razor was quite good.

Anyways, the only one that can tell you is Neil, I paid less than 20 quid (including honing, excl postage)

I'm very satisfied with Neils work, and I think most people here can vouch for his work.

Max

Lovely stuff - thanks a lot, I feel I am now going to have to get it sent over to him once the new year comes round.

Cheers,

Adam

First real post-BigSnow post was waiting for me when I returned from yet another crappy Monday. From BestShave.net 100 Racer & 100 ASCO Blue & Red blades by the Lord Razor Group, and a pack of 11 Laser Super Stainless blades too.

• ... and a 'book of styptic 'matches' as a bonus I guess.[/list:u][/list:u]

Waiting now for the 100 Rapira I purchased the same day from the same vendor, but from his eBay shop.
      • Probably just down to the weather that they didn't arrive with this lot, though I had thought that perhaps both purchases might have been shipped together...[/list:u]

D R Harris Lavender soap in the beech bowl - smells nice.

D R Harris Almond Oil soap-on-a-rope - for the shower after swimming . . . there's the snob in me again.

not bought anything for a few weeks, but on monday I had 2 parcels

1 from secret santa - many thanks

1 parcel from connaught -
5 of the small styptic pencils
Lord sample pack
large alum stick/block as I dropped my bloc osma on the floor and it now has a sharp edge to it :shock:

The package from Montpellier is here
- Mennen Blue x1
- Mennen Green (Skin Bracer) x1
- Williams Aqua Velva x1
- La Toja shave cream tube x1
- La Toja stick x1
- Monsavon soap x1

Another package was in today as well, this one was from The Netherlands
- IM soap stick x2
- Gillette G1000 razor x3 (we're about to have a couple of women DE converts in the family, soon I believe)

Thank you so much guys, all received well.

Back
Top Bottom