Adidas Trainers

Was it really 5 years ago that I started this thread? - How time flies when you're having fun!

Soon after buying the blue Trimm Trab, I snapped up two more pairs.

Only the blue ones have seen any use. The others remain in their boxes completely unworn.

@isaiah53 - I saw the SL 72's had be re-launched. With the car insurance to pay for this month, I'll have to hope they're still available come next pay day!

Was it really 5 years ago that I started this thread? - How time flies when you're having fun!

Soon after buying the blue Trimm Trab, I snapped up two more pairs.

Only the blue ones have seen any use. The others remain in their boxes completely unworn.

@isaiah53 - I saw the SL 72's had be re-launched. With the car insurance to pay for this month, I'll have to hope they're still available come next pay day!
Awesome shoe collection I now need to get some

I like Adidas designs but always find I have to buy an entire size up which is unusual and I generally find Nike's more comfortable but they wear out so quickly... These days my go-to are Onitsuka "Nippon made." As the name suggests they're made in Japan to an extremely high standard and have a selection of classic 60s/70s/80s designs.

Snapinsta.app_123156719_425369275528041_533617912400399883_n_1080.jpg

Sorry, not meaning to hijack your Adidas thread.

Thanks @isaiah53, I remember at the time there was a hierarchy in my local small sports shop. Kick, Bamba, Mamba and Samba. Sadly I’m not a trainer wearer anymore although I do have a hankering for some Crown of Northampton Sneakers.
I seem to wear exclusively Common Projects clones in the Crown style.

I like Adidas designs but always find I have to buy an entire size up which is unusual and I generally find Nike's more comfortable but they wear out so quickly... These days my go-to are Onitsuka "Nippon made." As the name suggests they're made in Japan to an extremely high standard and have a selection of classic 60s/70s/80s designs.

View attachment 123487

Sorry, not meaning to hijack your Adidas thread.
Same, next size up when buying Adidas footwear!

Paul.

Oh dear. I find the Adidas brand name very annoying to the extent that I avoid buying their trainers mainly because the name is not usually pronounced properly. Some people pronounce it as Adeedass when it's actually pronounced how it looks - Addy-dass. But Nike has a similar problem: Is it Nike, Nikey or Neeky?

Oh dear. I find the Adidas brand name very annoying to the extent that I avoid buying their trainers mainly because the name is not usually pronounced properly. Some people pronounce it as Adeedass when it's actually pronounced how it looks - Addy-dass. But Nike has a similar problem: Is it Nike, Nikey or Neeky?
It’s the Americans who can’t get it right lol ( like most things ).

Adolf dassler - adolf for short his nickname ( adi ) - dassler his last name for short ( das ).

I don’t got round calling people Mike - mikeee - the same as a pole with a sharp end - a spike. - spikeeee.

Nike - Mike - spike

They also thought it was a good idea to change the word aluminium - but again the periodic table must be different in America

Nike took their brand name after the Greek Goddess of victory, as such the correct pronunciation is "Ni-key" as confirmed by their founder in 2014.

View attachment 123755

A quick Google will show Ni-key is an Anglicised version of the Greek which is pronounced more like "Ni-Kay".
In this situation James - I’m sticking with Mike - if they can change our language ( aluminium ) I will accept my own pronunciation

Samba Supers for me, Leather or Suede but as much as I love them that bloody overly long tongue does get on my wick, always falls to the side of the shoe I wish they'd shorten the tongue then they'd be spot on, oh and a harder wearing sole would be nice as well.

Back
Top Bottom