Aftershave usage

Morning all,

Back with some queries once again!

I've not once successfully used aftershave - I've tried cella bio and a few others in the past (names I can't remember).

I've used it straight after shaving, splashing some in my hands and rubbing around before putting my hands on my face.

The use of any aftershave lights up my neck and face like a stop light.

I almost always use some aftershave balm and this works fine, on occasion I'll get a wee zing if it was a particularly bad shave.

Is there any aftershave perhaps more suitable? Is my technique trash?

Thanks

@PeteyB You might not need an aftershave - how do a few splashes of cold water and nothing else after a shave work out for you?
If that wouldn't work, try an unscented witch hazel solution.

When you use an alcohol based aftershave, how long does it take for any redness to subside?

Morning all,

Back with some queries once again!

I've not once successfully used aftershave - I've tried cella bio and a few others in the past (names I can't remember).

I've used it straight after shaving, splashing some in my hands and rubbing around before putting my hands on my face.

The use of any aftershave lights up my neck and face like a stop light.

I almost always use some aftershave balm and this works fine, on occasion I'll get a wee zing if it was a particularly bad shave.

Is there any aftershave perhaps more suitable? Is my technique trash?

Thanks
I use Thayer's Astringent which doesn't give much of a sting because the alcohol content is so low and then I will use an aftershave and find the sting is reduced because I've already splashed the Thayer's Astringent.
As has already been said you can look out for alcohol free aftershave lotions that have zero sting.

Paul.

The rescue from the alcohol sting is Lea 0% alcohol aftershave which I last bought from Connaught. "0% alcohol" in Lea 0% alcohol aftershave is something of a misnomer because it contains natural alcohol. But nevertheless no sting.

These days somewhat glossed over is the use of alcohol to close the pores and sterilise the skin of bacteria which grows on the razor between shaves.

Could it be that you are using an aftershave which only contains water and alcohol and pefume? Personally, I use aftershave which also includes oils to soothe the skin such as Brut aftershave and 4711 aftershave .

Back
Top Bottom