Anyone having irritation with Tobs?

I have a simple question. I know that I have sensitive skin since I react and get irritation from several after shaves and and some creams. But the funny thing is that I get a reaction from Taylor of old bond street avocado but no irritation at all when I use Trumpers GFT and Limes. These three creams gets rated as quite similar, so Im wondering what ingredient might be causing the irritation? Is it the scent?

The irritation I get is like a small burning feeling on my skin when I have had it on for one pass.

i use the avocado on occasion as a bit of variety from my normal TOBS jermyn street cream. I cant say i get any irritation with it, but its definitely not as soothing, and mild as the jermyn stuff.

Not a huge fan of the smell either... just reminds me of carpet freshener.

I bought my first British shaving cream the other day: a TOBS Jermyn Street, I find it to be a great cream, great lather and very nice cushion... no irritation for me...

Newman said:
I have a simple question. I know that I have sensitive skin since I react and get irritation from several after shaves and and some creams. But the funny thing is that I get a reaction from Taylor of old bond street avocado but no irritation at all when I use Trumpers GFT and Limes. These three creams gets rated as quite similar, so Im wondering what ingredient might be causing the irritation? Is it the scent?

The irritation I get is like a small burning feeling on my skin when I have had it on for one pass.

How do you lather? Face or bowl?

Some creams can irritate me if I face lather them, but if I palm lather and then apply it seems to bypass the problem.

My theory is that putting raw, undiluted cream on your face (which is pretty much what happens when you face lather) is more likely to irritate than using and already prepared lather.

Ian

IanM said:
My theory is that putting raw, undiluted cream on your face (which is pretty much what happens when you face lather) is more likely to irritate than using and already prepared lather.

Ian
This is a very good point.

its an odd one.. because i do have incredibly sensitive skin.. easilly irritated by almost anything and yet i have no problem at all face lathering any of the TOBS collection.

I'm very easily irritated by the majority of soaps, but creams don't cause me problems. I use Trumpers Violet and TOBS Shave Shop amongst others but I find them okay, yet put me near a bowl of lavender DR Harris soap and my mush could light up the Golden Mile all on it's own.
All very odd.

Back
Top Bottom