Apprehensive DE newbie

Welcome to TSR BigD. :)
I think you've got the answer to the brush size but I'm sure you'll have many more questions in the coming weeks.
regards, beejay

Welcome!

I started DE shaving with the Futur and lived to tell the tale. However, it is quite a "characterful" razor, and exposes quite a bit of blade, so you might do better starting off with something like the Edwin Jagger DE89BL or one of its variants - which can be had for a very good price on Amazon. The EJ89 is a very good razor, a little more "normal" and more forgiving of lapses of attention...

I used an EJ brush for a long time and it works well for me - I still have two, though my favourite is now a large silvertip from SafetyRazors.co.uk - a real lather monster which does need a little more control - I do tend to end up lathering the bottom of my glasses lenses!

You're on the right track with some good soaps. And get a nice, soft cushion for your PayPal account to land on! :mrgreen:

Hello and welcome to the forum, BigD. :D

I'm sure you'll be fine with whichever razor you choose. It's going to be a matter of working on technique, making good lather and finding a blade which suits you which will be important, more so than the razor, probably.

I've had the odd glimpse of shaving nirvana: what that generally means is that I'll make a mess of it tomorrow. :roll:

Arrow head has a good point (geddit).

Most people stumble in here with a boots brush and a cheap eBay razor bought on a whim. Dont obsess about starting kit too much, you'll be hard pressed to buy something so poor it's absolutely rubbish.

Hi and welcome!
Go with the flow and go for technique especially lathering.
A great shave is the result of not trying too hard!!!
I need to take my own advice!
Enjoy
Tim

Back
Top Bottom