Aquisitions - October 2024

First part of my October haul arrived today. Razorock SLOC double open comb with Bulldog handle from Shaving Time which I've been wanting to try for some time. The tray of 100 card wrapped Personna Gem blades from Connaught might provide a clue of what's coming in the second part. Go ahead, have a guess and tune in tomorrow.

Oct-haul-1.jpg

Last edited:
First part of my October haul arrived today. Razorock SLOC double open comb with Bulldog handle from Shavetime which I've been wanting to try for some time. The tray of 100 card wrapped Personna Gem blades from Connaught might provide a clue of what's coming in the second part. Go ahead, have a guess and tune in tomorrow.

View attachment 126099
Wonderful blades!
The Blackland Sabre V2 is a wonderful razor!

Paul.

Last edited:
... a very rose-scented Postie just dropped this lot off!

AP1GczO0WnC6eAAFMMl21drJWWSAeV2oWAES1iH0TiF3cfZ12FQVqTRQTQ_U01B9YUZDoIOZVlObcvlaKxd-nxwEjH4SVrI_IB7COol0m-_A59MHvzuN3UOjE--fHUyRi2glAC5-L_gSnC7CeIba6NncLfaCmg=w1200

Thrilled!

Dusy Kabinett (Old Formulation)
Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge (Old Formulation)
TOBS Jermyn Street Shaving Bowl (Discontinued)
TOBS Jermyn Street Cream sampler & REX Platinum razor blades

Thank you @Blademonkey and @McShaver

The second part of my October haul arrived today on time.

Two British Made Ever-Ready "Natural Angle" versions of Gem razors, circa late 1940s to 1950s. Scrappy outer packaging but on the inside the contents are in unused NOS condition. On the left the "Featherweight" with Bakelite handle and on the right the all metal "Heavy Flat Top" nicknamed the "G-Bar". Chrome plated stainless steel. Small instruction leaflet from the blade holder which holds 5 blades.

new-Ready.jpg

Size comparison. Ever-Ready Patent 1912 at the top. Featherweight in the middle, G_Bar at the bottom. Other side of the instruction leaflet and a modern Gem by Personna blade. Notice the comb of the 1912 has been replaced with Clog-Pruf type slots and a bar on both of the Natural Angle razors. Inscriptions inside both are "Made in Gt Britain Ever-Ready". Both are one piece with the handle rivetted to the head.
Compare.jpg

The second part of my October haul arrived today on time.

Two British Made Ever-Ready "Natural Angle" versions of Gem razors, circa late 1940s to 1950s. Scrappy outer packaging but on the inside the contents are in unused NOS condition. On the left the "Featherweight" with Bakelite handle and on the right the all metal "Heavy Flat Top" nicknamed the "G-Bar". Chrome plated stainless steel. Small instruction leaflet from the blade holder which holds 5 blades.

View attachment 126138

Size comparison. Ever-Ready Patent 1912 at the top. Featherweight in the middle, G_Bar at the bottom. Other side of the instruction leaflet and a modern Gem by Personna blade. Notice the comb of the 1912 has been replaced with Clog-Pruf type slots and a bar on both of the Natural Angle razors. Inscriptions inside both are "Made in Gt Britain Ever-Ready". Both are one piece with the handle rivetted to the head.
View attachment 126139
Great razors, all of them.

Paul.

... a very rose-scented Postie just dropped this lot off!

AP1GczO0WnC6eAAFMMl21drJWWSAeV2oWAES1iH0TiF3cfZ12FQVqTRQTQ_U01B9YUZDoIOZVlObcvlaKxd-nxwEjH4SVrI_IB7COol0m-_A59MHvzuN3UOjE--fHUyRi2glAC5-L_gSnC7CeIba6NncLfaCmg=w1200

Thrilled!

Dusy Kabinett (Old Formulation)
Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge (Old Formulation)
TOBS Jermyn Street Shaving Bowl (Discontinued)
TOBS Jermyn Street Cream sampler & REX Platinum razor blades

Thank you @Blademonkey and @McShaver
For a moment on seeing the black wooden bowl, I thought you were going for it and giving trumpers the benefit of the doubt.

For a moment on seeing the black wooden bowl, I thought you were going for it and giving trumpers the benefit of the doubt.
Haha! That black bowl actually works.

Trumpers would have to give a LOT more than assurances - they really got my hopes up with their last formulation change, but it was still abominable. I do still hold out hope and my dear wish is that they embrace this latest formulation style that is known-good and seemingly used across the board - we can go back to enjoying their lovely scents in hard shaving soaps, particularly Eucris.

Back
Top Bottom