Atelier Durdan GEM Razor

Thanks for your comprehensive reply,I think that this is not a Razor for me as I much prefer the MMOC to the Bullet Tip, and The Sabre is not for me at all.

Oops, there's that screw again perhaps originally seen on the Blackland AC blade Vector and the Blackland Gem blade Sabre for which Yaqi got accused of copying in its Excalibur, Raster, etc. and lately the 316 SS Romulus (currently in transit to me as I write this) and Remus. The purpose of the slotted screw I think is so that the head can be narrower and I wonder if this is the purpose of the Vestige.

However the slotted screw and narrower head perhaps does have a disadvantage in a weaker top cap: As Yaqi point out with the Romulus, tightening or as they say "locking" the handle to the razor head without a blade due to an allowance for the AC blade in the engineering can distort the top cap. So they recommend keeping the handle loose when storing without a blade.

Not noticed that effect with my Vector or Vestige and haven't noticed any distortion or change in the shave. I suspect unless it's subpar material, machining or you are trying to tighten the head up with a ratchet you'd be hard pressed to warp the cap on either of them.

Considering the length of time the Vector has been out you would have thought you would have heard rumblings from users. Or perhaps there has been and I've missed it.

The biggest concern with the Vestige is how thin the lather channel holes are, a decent knock could bend them. But then again the same could be said of a lot of razors if you bounce them off the floor, best not to play basket ball with it.

I'll know more when I receive my Romulus polished, solid bar razor around Monday next week. It could be that the Romulus is engineered differently in which case it cannot possibly be claimed to be a copy of the Vector. However I suspect it's just Yaqi being cautious and providing advice which is pretty much Yaqi's way. Personally, I always take apart an AC blade r4azor anyway even if it's only stored overnight.