Atelier Durdan GEM Razor

It's coming ...
Here the first 3D images.

iEsgT8F.jpg

xI1f1wp.png

Vestige
We are proud to introduce our latest razor, the Vestige, which perfectly embodies the spirit of innovation and quality of Atelier DURDAN. Designed to offer an unparalleled shaving experience, Vestige combines smoothness, efficiency and lightness without compromise.

With a featherweight of only 40g, blade mounted, the Vestige is an ultra-light shaver that respects the guiding principles of our workshop. Several technical innovations have been made to push the limits of performance and comfort when shaving. Inspired by our La Faulx razor, the Vestige takes the concept a step further by offering a near-zero GAP. The cut is generated by gaps across the width of the base plate, while 0.3mm islands ensure optimal cut control in all conditions.

The Vestige will be available in a variety of aggressiveness levels to meet individual preferences. Its sleek, highly maneuverable handle features an additional innovation: a tapered base that makes it easier to fit the razor while reducing mounting clearance to zero. While the Vestige's lightweight design seems ideal for a titanium version, we will also be testing a stainless steel version to give our customers additional choice.

A very well composed & easy shave with the Vestige again. The GEM SS blade just gets better after each shave providing a very smooth & comfortable shave exercise. And this razor really takes advantage of those attributes. And to add that Augustin has done a masterful job in designing the Vestige head around this blade. Really good performer.

IMG_20240702_064959.jpg

A very well composed & easy shave with the Vestige again. The GEM SS blade just gets better after each shave providing a very smooth & comfortable shave exercise. And this razor really takes advantage of those attributes. And to add that Augustin has done a masterful job in designing the Vestige head around this blade. Really good performer.

View attachment 122284
Can you compare it to any other Razor that uses Gem blades, ie Sabre V2, ATT- Gem, or Vintage ER/ Gem SE.
Seems very expensive with handle when some of the oldies do actually deliver a decent Shave.

Can you compare it to any other Razor that uses Gem blades, ie Sabre V2, ATT- Gem, or Vintage ER/ Gem SE.
Seems very expensive with handle when some of the oldies do actually deliver a decent Shave.

I have the + plate on my Vestige and against the Sabre L2, it falls a bit short but, is slightly more effective than the L1. It's in-between those two in regards to the Sabre (which happens to be my favorite GEM razor ever followed by the Pall Mall). It's closer to the Bullet Tip and to a lesser degree the GEM push-button. In terms of a more aggressive or assertive feeling shave, it falls way short of the MMOC & Clog-Pruf if that is the area of efficient level of shave you seek. The optional plate gaps may provide you with more cutting performance but, I can't say that they will equal the vintage GEMS that I mentioned previously. The Vestige is a pricey tool, no question about it. But, it is expertly crafted and is offered in multiple alloys to cater to one's taste. If you enjoy the Sabre L2, I'd suggest just waiting a bit more for the updated release from Blackland and see what the initial shave reports conclude. 4 levels of shave choices on the new Sabre sounds very enticing and may provide the shave performance you may desire.

Good luck in your search.... (y)

Back
Top Bottom