barefoot

D

Deleted member 12673

hey so I recently stumbled across barefoot shoes and was wondering anyone got any experience with them?

I got some water/beach shoes bit like pumps and I took the sole out and use them here and there, I don't think it's as thin as the barefoot shoes you see out there tbf

Some years ago, Vibram Five Fingers and VivoBarefoot ...

VFFs are super! You really don't know what you're missing with your toes, walking out and about in the country. The problem we have is that much of what we walk on is concrete and so absolutely unnatural and not a great surface to emulate barefoot walking. Out in the fields, over grass and so on ... wonderful! So much tactile feedback and you'll be surprised just how much your toes do when not constrained inside a traditional toebox.

I still have the VFFs somewhere.

On (hot weather) holidays, I'll take a couple of pairs of water shoes for generally trogging about. At home, I'm proper barefoot, but will pop on water shoes for popping into the garden and what-not.

yep...been wearing them for the last 10 years for both running and casual. Hate wearing anything else.

Worn all sorts of brands over the years. Vivobarefoots, Merrell barefoots, Xero shoes, vibram five fingers, New balance minimus (not strictly barefoot but low heel-toe drop and wide).

Whilst I do like vivobarefoot shoes, the price for them has gone quite high. Im quite partial now to the Merrell Vapor Gloves. Just the right width, toe box size and thin.

Some years ago, Vibram Five Fingers and VivoBarefoot ...

VFFs are super! You really don't know what you're missing with your toes, walking out and about in the country. The problem we have is that much of what we walk on is concrete and so absolutely unnatural and not a great surface to emulate barefoot walking. Out in the fields, over grass and so on ... wonderful! So much tactile feedback and you'll be surprised just how much your toes do when not constrained inside a traditional toebox.

I still have the VFFs somewhere.

On (hot weather) holidays, I'll take a couple of pairs of water shoes for generally trogging about. At home, I'm proper barefoot, but will pop on water shoes for popping into the garden and what-not.
Like the look of them vibram five finger,
That's how I ended up searching for barefoot shoes as I was like what's these funky shoes about, reminded me of gloves lol

Why do they cost so much though?

I mean I would've thought less material would've been cheaper too

@pjgh btw what's difference between the water shoes you've wore compared to the barefoot shoes? Apart from the sole

yep...been wearing them for the last 10 years for both running and casual. Hate wearing anything else.

Worn all sorts of brands over the years. Vivobarefoots, Merrell barefoots, Xero shoes, vibram five fingers, New balance minimus (not strictly barefoot but low heel-toe drop and wide).

Whilst I do like vivobarefoot shoes, the price for them has gone quite high. Im quite partial now to the Merrell Vapor Gloves. Just the right width, toe box size and thin.
What are they like for running?

You must really feel everything in them walking so can't imagine what running would be like in them lol

What are they like for running?

You must really feel everything in them walking so can't imagine what running would be like in them lol

Its something you kinda get used to.
of course, over more rocky terrain, it can be painful. But Im not a competitive runner so I take these sections slower.

Merrell have a trail glove shoe, which is still a zero drop shoe but with a bit of a thicker sole (and I think a rock plate) for the more rocky sections. unfortunately, these shoes are quite narrow and absolutely kill my arches.

Its something you kinda get used to.
of course, over more rocky terrain, it can be painful. But Im not a competitive runner so I take these sections slower.

Merrell have a trail glove shoe, which is still a zero drop shoe but with a bit of a thicker sole (and I think a rock plate) for the more rocky sections. unfortunately, these shoes are quite narrow and absolutely kill my arches.
you ever tried the brands saguaro or within?

seem decently priced and lots of good reviews on amazon

Hot Tuna brand (from Sports Direct). Little over a tenner a pair.
Thin sole with enough cushion for concrete. Low heel, so natural stance/gait. Wide toe box. Very stretchy, so not great for running ...
i had a pair of those years ago, really comfy and nice

saw some on offer in sports direct recently but the logo saying hot tuna in big writing was a put off so decided against getting a pair
think they were on offer for two pairs though

Mrs tells me she chucked my VFF TrekSports about two years ago. Apparently, they were "a bit manky".

DSCF7736.sized.jpg

I had a lot of fun in those shoes.

As an "apology" she'll buy me some new ones ... going for the EL-X shoes for general mooching about. Thanks for the reminder @saj1985

Mrs tells me she chucked my VFF TrekSports about two years ago. Apparently, they were "a bit manky".

DSCF7736.sized.jpg

I had a lot of fun in those shoes.

As an "apology" she'll buy me some new ones ... going for the EL-X shoes for general mooching about. Thanks for the reminder @saj1985
No worries

I'm after a pair of my first barefoot shoes but not sure if I should spend a get a really good one as my worry is end up getting something that I might not take too, you know? Bit of a tricky one lol

Back
Top Bottom