Bay Rum Soap

The Pinaud Bay Rum is great Johnny - you just have to be OK with it having absolutely zero skincare ingredients in it whatsoever (like all the Pinaud aftershaves).

It's on English Shaving Company if you're interested. I think it smells great!

The Pinaud Bay Rum is great Johnny - you just have to be OK with it having absolutely zero skincare ingredients in it whatsoever (like all the Pinaud aftershaves).

It's on English Shaving Company if you're interested. I think it smells great!
OK I have to point out that my face and head is smoother than a gaggle of women on a hen night in Blackpool?

Sorry Johnny, it's aftershave yeah. Very old fashioned, great for fragrance but without much in the way of skin-friendly ingredients. They are classics though, it's very fun to try all the weird flavours. The pink one! The cat pee one!!!

The other bottle that ATG has posted a pic of is the OG one that's like 200 years old or something. It's a classic fragrance and it packs a punch!!! A fougere I think? Quite full on lol

Sorry Johnny, it's aftershave yeah. Very old fashioned, great for fragrance but without much in the way of skin-friendly ingredients. They are classics though, it's very fun to try all the weird flavours. The pink one! The cat pee one!!!
I will have to grab a bottle and give it a try, I look forward to the after effects of dangerous chemicals on my skin ha ha.
Man Orange GIF by The Masked Singer UK & The Masked Dancer UK

My Executive Shaving Bay Rum cream arrived today, it lathered up beautifully, when it comes to the scent, I found it subtle.
I called the wife up to smell the Shaving cream on my skin and also in the bowl and she found it quite strong.
Perhaps the blow your head off St johns I have been using has made me think it's subtle.
What I can say is @Mr.Draper87 I think you should definitely buy some as you won't be disappointed and get some St johns aftershave it's blooming fantastic.

Real bay rum EO is pimenta racemosa. That's often blended with notes like lime, orange, or clove, since it's kinda dull by itself. Any frag not having that EO is an 'interpretation' of a bay rum scent.

I've got a tub of that, and it does nothing for me. I'm considering moving it on. I may give it another try, though. I used it once about six months ago.

I got Stirling Soap Bay Rum today I find it to be much better scent-wise. But it still doesn't compare to Kraken.
I think the thing is, is that when blokes think of Bay Rum, they think of a scent that is overwhelmingly clove.
Clove is a really cheap scent to produce for a mass market.

P&B Imperial Rum is a much more rounded, subtle & complex scent than that.

Back
Top Bottom