Best soap sticks?

Hiya,

After waiting more than five years to try a stick, I finally broke down and jumped on the Shave Stick crazy train. Rode the rails every day for probably a few months, and came away a convert. Very easy way to lather up, once enough time's spent loading up my beard, Harder soaps obviously take longer than softer ones....sometimes over a minute of rubbing away.

As most of you know, any soap can be used like a stick. So even though I did use Valobra and Irisch Moos and a few others in their original form, most were soaps applied like a stick. Stuff like MWF, Rivivage, IK, Dr Dittmar, QED, TGQ, old Surrey, Sharon's hard soap, and a bunch of others. All of em worked really well for me.

Nice for a change of pace.

Martin

Must add the new formula LEA stick (glycerine and lanolin) to the list. Really, really great stick and easy the fastest of them all (that I've tried) + very good lather.

For me it's a four way tie between La Toja, LEA (new formula), Palmolive and Arko. I really like them all. Scents vary wildly (I'm looking at you Arko) but the performance of all four are fantastic.

The new Lea is gaining followers! Its a very good stick,and Im afraid,that better than current La Toja,but its scent its not for all.

It looks like I need to get my hands on this LEA stick then - as it's now in TSR vogue!

I've only tried La Toja and Palmolive sticks but rate both highly. La Toja may be marginally the better performer, but I prefer Palmolive's scent and for 49p... well... it speaks for itself.

Back
Top Bottom