Blackland's new Sabre

Here is a little video about the new Sabre in the works.
It's quite interesting and I like look and new feature.
I am glad they listen to feedback from customers.
What do you guys think?

Prototype Sabre video

Innovative, creative and elegant...the passion and love for good razor design shines through. If Shane can keep the weight of the razor between 70-80g with a similar balance, which is almost magical, between razor, head and midpoint that the Feather WSD2 has, he will have a world-class SE razor.

After watching that I felt like that "take my money" meme! I've never tried a Gem, probably don't need another blade format in my life, but it looks really innovative. Not sure I want to spend 2 ton on anything other than a nice straight razor, but that was very interesting to see the development of the original Sabre into a killer proposition. I look forward to the reviews of the final production items. Cheers for sharing.

After watching that I felt like that "take my money" meme! I've never tried a Gem, probably don't need another blade format in my life, but it looks really innovative. Not sure I want to spend 2 ton on anything other than a nice straight razor, but that was very interesting to see the development of the original Sabre into a killer proposition. I look forward to the reviews of the final production items. Cheers for sharing.
I hear ya haha, I said to the wife at the start ofbthe video "let's take a look but I don't need another razor in my life with a different blade" after the video ended I wanted to put my name on the waiting list.

Futurama Buy GIF

• Haha
Reactions: ATG
Here is an update on the new Sabre.
I like the concept of the stand.
Blackland Sabre part 2

Looking very good...that the razor is coming in at 84g is great to hear, I hope Shane can shave a few more grams still. A couple of things I would say about the handle and the statement "because this is where we want you to hold the razor". As a head shaver, I use the full length of the handle during different parts of the shave, the feel and grip of the swan neck and the bottom end of the razor handle are important; the best razor handle designs take this into account as they've worked out some users will on occasion, grip the very end and the very top of the razor handle during parts of their shave. The Razor stand could do with, for want of better words — recesses or flutes — on the bottom surface, so as not to be a water trap.

Looking very good...that the razor is coming in at 84g is great to hear, I hope Shane can shave a few more grams still. A couple of things I would say about the handle and the statement "because this is where we want you to hold the razor". As a head shaver, I use the full length of the handle during different parts of the shave, the feel and grip of the swan neck and the bottom end of the razor handle are important; the best razor handle designs take this into account as they've worked out some users will on occasion, grip the very end and the very top of the razor handle during parts of their shave. The Razor stand could do with, for want of better words — recesses or flutes — on the bottom surface, so as not to be a water trap.
As a head shaver myself I 100% agree with everything you have said.

As a head shaver myself I 100% agree with everything you have said.

I think the design teams behind vintage Gillette's instinctively designed this into many of their handle designs, excelling with the Flare Tips. The Merkur 34c has a short handle but still feels great in the hand on any part of the handle. The Feather WSD2 has a long handle but also pulls off this ergonomic trick. I think this is why goldlilock razors not only have to be great shavers, they also need to feel great in the hand and be beautifully balanced, ideally with a slight bias in weight towards the head.

Back
Top Bottom