Blade Poll

Gillette Bleue

Not saying they are the best blade on the market, but have come to the conclusion that I'm sure of a good shave with them in my Muhle 89 and they cost less than 10p a blade so I've bought 500 in the last two weeks from rareup31.

Kevin

I am not an economist, but apparently the Bank of England is quantively easing the money supply. Quantively easing the money supply means printing money, which means sterling is going to loose value relative to most other currencies, which means all imported goods (i.e. razor blades) are going to cost more. It might prudent to buy in your razor blade stash now rather than then later.

All the best

Kevin

Kevin said:
I am not an economist, but apparently the Bank of England is quantively easing the money supply. Quantively easing the money supply means printing money, which means sterling is going to loose value relative to most other currencies, which means all imported goods (i.e. razor blades) are going to cost more. It might prudent to buy in your razor blade stash now rather than then later.

Sadly they started QE about 12 months ago... although Sterling's been a basket case for over 2 years now...

Hunnymonster wrote

Sadly they started QE about 12 months ago... although Sterling's been a basket case for over 2 years now...

Sorry for not replying earlier - computer trouble, Might be some bargains from the States in the near future - dollar even more screwed up than sterling.

Kevin

"Might be some bargains from the States in the near future - dollar even more screwed up than sterling."

Only problem is you have to watch out for handling and customs charges over a certain value - which can wipe out any potential savings.

Of all the blades tried:
Feather
Iridium
Astra Platinum
Personna Platinum (red)
Gillette Super Thin
7oClock Sharpe Edge

worthy of mention:
Bic Stainless
Treet Dura sharpe
Shark super chrome

Charles U.K

Wow, old thread, from before I was born into TSR! What the hell, I wasn't here first time round so:

1. Gillette 7 o'clock green (super stainless)
2. Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (sharpedge)
3. Gillette super thin

Not a lot between them, all good quality steel.

Canuck said:
Wow, old thread, from before I was born into TSR! What the hell, I wasn't here first time round so:

1. Gillette 7 o'clock green (super stainless)
2. Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (sharpedge)
3. Gillette super thin

Not a lot between them, all good quality steel.

Considering Gillette take a battering over there multi-blade contraptions and canned goo, they still produce damn fine DE blades.:icon_razz:

I wasn't here either.

1. Astra SP
2. Feather - sharper, yes, but more expensive and dull quickly
3. Personna Platinum (AKA red)

I've had mixed results with yellow 7 o'clocks and Gillette Superthins, poor results with Derby and Crystal.

Back
Top Bottom