Bluffers Guide to British Triple Milled

Yeah me too. The British manufacturers should be paying you frankly - I've started buying soaps from your colour-coded charts.

I could issue you with a blank spreadsheet and you can fill it in as you buy 'em! :ROFLMAO:

AP1GczOMOwiChH0JMWXGUaC2u7j0sJ-NzvFRKMEkwbnhja1OyufGozQx56RZAQzgCoGTRAR0h5MMfPhTLFc7BR7sZtw8yiyl4aSbSr0tkEPRkLPopGTJkNWmb1aFFEa9kgeqw5hmBSumDqKmsFvDwJzYexJZ4w=w1600

Attachments

• British Triple Milled.png
    British Triple Milled.png
    153.2 KB · Views: 7
Minor update from an acquisition today ...

AP1GczOZVI6lcLgGlWp-I_QqcILTtxjVb4uaOAK-Q4C-9Z3oPoo1pO13SGGS1m0JaBfoe_m2eZIpsI0xVG1ocQ5uFqUfdysErNuguG1qOkQwZuW9xixfDpGmWtd1bmSirZ8SLLPHRpbyZJ4xTcFH9lFOkCBhfw=w800

Confirming that DR Harris have moved onto a new formulation and it is as expected the same as we've seen already from Captain Fawcett.

DR Harris Sandalwood

Sodium Tallowate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua, Potassium Laurate, Sodium Laurate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Parfum, Palm Kernal Acid, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate, Q-Tolyl Biguanide, Limonene, Petrolatum, Tetrasodium EDTA, CI 77891

Captain Fawcett Luxurious
Sodium Tallowate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua, Potassium Laurate, Sodium Laurate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Parfum, Palm Kernal Acid, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate, Q-Tolyl Biguanide, Linalool, Eugenol, Limonene, Petrolatum, Tetrasodium EDTA, CI 77891

I suppose it's possible that Cyril R Salter might move to this formulation as they're presently on a DR Harris formulation. That said, they've not always been ... so it could go anywhere. Let's hope they don't pick up the new Kent formulation, eh?

Minor update from an acquisition today ...

AP1GczOZVI6lcLgGlWp-I_QqcILTtxjVb4uaOAK-Q4C-9Z3oPoo1pO13SGGS1m0JaBfoe_m2eZIpsI0xVG1ocQ5uFqUfdysErNuguG1qOkQwZuW9xixfDpGmWtd1bmSirZ8SLLPHRpbyZJ4xTcFH9lFOkCBhfw=w800

Confirming that DR Harris have moved onto a new formulation and it is as expected the same as we've seen already from Captain Fawcett.

DR Harris Sandalwood
Sodium Tallowate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua, Potassium Laurate, Sodium Laurate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Parfum, Palm Kernal Acid, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate, Q-Tolyl Biguanide, Limonene, Petrolatum, Tetrasodium EDTA, CI 77891

Captain Fawcett Luxurious
Sodium Tallowate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua, Potassium Laurate, Sodium Laurate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Parfum, Palm Kernal Acid, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate, Q-Tolyl Biguanide, Linalool, Eugenol, Limonene, Petrolatum, Tetrasodium EDTA, CI 77891

I suppose it's possible that Cyril R Salter might move to this formulation as they're presently on a DR Harris formulation. That said, they've not always been ... so it could go anywhere. Let's hope they don't pick up the new Kent formulation, eh?
At least they've still kept tallow as its first ingredient. Have you tried it yet?

The Windsor has been a different formula. I wonder if they have changed that one as well.

At least they've still kept tallow as its first ingredient. Have you tried it yet?

First go this evening ... and while I kinda knew what I was in for having already shaved a number of times with the same formulation under the Captain Fawcett brand, I was again not disappointed. Versus the Arlington that I have, I think it's better. I think all of these 2024-style reformulations are better than practically all predecessors. The scent carried really well, too.

DRH are still on the green side of the table. Good to buy, good to use!

IMG_2536.JPG
DRHarris Windsor had been a slightly different formula as above.

I went in the shop yesterday and had a look to see if they'd also changed the formula for Windsor. It looks like it's now the same as the Sandalwood. I should've checked them all. I think it's probably safe to say they are now all the same. New Windsor below. Good to see this is now more tallow based than previous.

IMG_2531 2.jpg

Last edited:
Perfect! Thank you @NatJag

Yes, some fixatives at the far end of the list, but in the main it looks like they've standardised their soaps now in the main ingredients. Indeed! Tallow up front now ... same for Sandalwood.

Sandalwood (post-2016):
Potassium Palmate, Sodium Tallowate, Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Palmate, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Cocoate, Palm Kernel Acid, Perfum (Fragrance), Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Linalool, Coumarin, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium EDTA, O-Tolyl Biguanide, Limonene, CI 77891

Sandalwood (2024):

Windsor (post-2016):
Potassium Palmate, Sodium Tallowate, Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Palmate, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Cocoate, Palm Kernel Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Edta, Limonene, O-Tolyl Biguanide, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Amyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Ci 77891

Windsor (2024):
Sodium Tallowate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua, Potassium Laurate, Sodium Laurate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Parfum, Palm Kernel Acid, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate, Limonene, O-Tolyl Biguanide, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Amyl Cinnamal, Petrolatum, Tetrasodium EDTA, CI 77891

So, given Cyril R Salter moved over to the DR Harris formulation following the dissolution of Broad Oak Toiletries (finally, 2016), there's strong hope that they'll continue and presumably move onto this new formulation.

I still hold out hope that Trumpers will face up to reality and follow suit with the very good T&H formulation ... which has that slight tweak with the inclusion of lanolin for MWF.

Back
Top Bottom