‘Budget’ blades

You both peeked my interest and I searched through my Blade collection and found a lonely FlyDear blade that must have been bundled with a BST purchase.
I felt like I had found the Golden ticket when I spotted it and will test it out today.

I'm also a fan of the Gillette Wilkinson Sword- seems to work well with all of my razors.

Nothing wrong with the blades you mention, but are they budget? The FlyDear we mentioned cost me £3.73 for 100, inc. tax and postage. Gillette blades start at over £10.

With blades I try to stick to name brands for their better QC lot to lot.

I understand your stance, but for me the fun is in finding a wonderful blade stupidly cheap. Yesterday I finished a Laser blade after 4 decent shaves, and before that a Feather after 10 shaves, the last shave not that good. Considering the price difference, the Laser blades are better value.

Gave the FlyDear blades a run today in a Merkur 34C. They delivered a close, comfortable, smooth, head and face shave. They are excellent, high quality blades and are a steal at the current price on AliExpress. Packaging for the box of 100 blades is clearly targeted at the end user not the retailer and take-up less than a third of the volume of traditional hanging cards. Double wrapped — inner wrapper either waxed or varnished paper — are very similar blade wrappings to the Russian blades coming out of Mostochlegmash's plant in Moscow. Indeed, I would not be surprised if FlyDear are manufactured on Russian tooling. If not stocked to the gunnels with blades, I would without hesitation, purchase FlyDear in bulk. Less than £50 will comfortably get you over 1,000 blades, a real bargain in these inflationary times.