‘Budget’ blades

I have never used blades bundled with a razor - until now. A few days ago I found a tuc of FlyDear, and thought to give them a try, and have been enjoying them since. I look forward to the 100 I ordered from Aliexpress. £3.10 ex tax. Temu doesn't stock them for UK.
Thanks Cranewarrior.
You both peeked my interest and I searched through my Blade collection and found a lonely FlyDear blade that must have been bundled with a BST purchase.
I felt like I had found the Golden ticket when I spotted it and will test it out today.

Two other excellent budget blades are the Indian Gillette 365 and also the Gillette Wilkinson Sword made in China.
I'm also a fan of the Gillette Wilkinson Sword- seems to work well with all of my razors.

Two other excellent budget blades are the Indian Gillette 365 and also the Gillette Wilkinson Sword made in China.
Nothing wrong with the blades you mention, but are they budget? The FlyDear we mentioned cost me £3.73 for 100, inc. tax and postage. Gillette blades start at over £10.

With blades I try to stick to name brands for their better QC lot to lot.

I understand your stance, but for me the fun is in finding a wonderful blade stupidly cheap. Yesterday I finished a Laser blade after 4 decent shaves, and before that a Feather after 10 shaves, the last shave not that good. Considering the price difference, the Laser blades are better value.

Gave the FlyDear blades a run today in a Merkur 34C. They delivered a close, comfortable, smooth, head and face shave. They are excellent, high quality blades and are a steal at the current price on AliExpress. Packaging for the box of 100 blades is clearly targeted at the end user not the retailer and take-up less than a third of the volume of traditional hanging cards. Double wrapped — inner wrapper either waxed or varnished paper — are very similar blade wrappings to the Russian blades coming out of Mostochlegmash's plant in Moscow. Indeed, I would not be surprised if FlyDear are manufactured on Russian tooling. If not stocked to the gunnels with blades, I would without hesitation, purchase FlyDear in bulk. Less than £50 will comfortably get you over 1,000 blades, a real bargain in these inflationary times.

Back
Top Bottom