Here is my stash of unused or barely used pucks (pic forthcoming) :-

2 x Tabac
2 x MWF
2 x Mike's Barbershop
2 x Mike's Orange, Black Pepper & Cedarwood
2 x Mike's Peppermint & Rosemary
2 x Mike's Lime
2 x sticks of Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus

(oh by the way that fella Mike - he makes a pretty good soap that I sort of half-like in case you hadn't heard. The only downside is his stuff is insanely stackable so you end of with too much of it).

So...I reckon this could be about 5 years worth of daily shaving...I'm not buying any more soaps until they're all used.

I'm now inviting guesses as to the number of days without going over this lot will last from the 6th of March 2013. Please make your guesses in the form of a date in the future.

If you are still around when the end comes, and no one else is, or you have won, there will be one hell of a prize when I scrape out the last of it. In the event of a tie there will be a tie-breaker.

By way of guidance, you will have to factor into your guess that Sunday is GFT Cream day in the Coler household. I am a daily shaver. I never miss a day. I use a heap of product in my lather.

27th November 2018

I really don't know though, but I thought I'd throw a date up.

That seems quite an impressive stash, one that I myself cannot compare to.

I imagine there are others here with probably 50-100 soaps and creams, so you're definitely not alone!

Total guess: 17th April 2020

I had at last count 60 lines (soaps and creams) with five or six where I had more than one. I might be young(ish) but it'll probably see me through to the end. I've used up five or six tubs of cream in three years but no soap yet. Today I got four more soaps (two more lines) and there's still stuff I want to try. I am quicker to trade stuff these days as well and have a top ten should I ever get the inclination to sell a load. All my soaps, bar those I got this morning, have been tried out.
All part of the fun and has kept the interest going after I've tried 110ish blades and quite a few alternatives to DE

I decided last month that I wasn't going to buy anymore soap or cream until I had finished one completely. I got half way through a palmolive stick and crumbled, mind you it was only a few samples from Nanny.

Re: RE: Cannot be buying any more soaps !

midlife_crisis said:
I decided last month that I wasn't going to buy anymore soap or cream until I had finished one completely. I got half way through a palmolive stick and crumbled, mind you it was only a few samples from Nanny.

Samples don't count, I say. Nor do PIFs. Nor do gifts from friends or relatives. Nor do swaps for other shaving paraphernalia. That's how I got in the mess I'm in.

my soap collection consists of the following:
hard soaps mwf, tabac, boots
soft soaps tubs of proraso red, green white
creams - bodyshop, palmolive, ingrams
grated sticks - palmolive, wilkie, arko

ive got some monsavon on route too

whilst always on the lookout i honestly dont think there is anying else i need

I've sold most of mine and only kept what I'm using regularly I'm trying to use up the majority of what I have. Although the soaps aren't getting dented much its mainly my Dr Harris cream.

NotTheStig said:
midlife_crisis said:

Samples don't count, I say. Nor do PIFs. Nor do gifts from friends or relatives. Nor do swaps for other shaving paraphernalia. That's how I got in the mess I'm in.

That's what I was thinking. Well, I got through February, it remains to be seen whether I'll get through March, maybe a few more samples...

I'm definitely in my "using up" phase - I've had a nanny's hardsoap there for a year now and it's only down to 135 grams (from 140g) - i think it's quite telling that i'm weighing soaps now :)

i reckon - 7 years with those soaps alone and, yes, you will buy more.

Re: RE: Cannot be buying any more soaps !

midlife_crisis said:
NotTheStig said:
midlife_crisis said:

That's what I was thinking. Well, I got through February, it remains to be seen whether I'll get through March, maybe a few more samples...
Well this is it. My rule - self imposed - is don't buy anything shaving related except for my birthday and Xmas. I bought shaving stuff for a month leading up to my birthday and will probably do the same for Xmas. But if I keep buying I won't really appreciate what I've got

I haven't finished anything in ages. I have Cella, MWF, tubs of Proraso green and white, and a tube of Speick cream on the go. None of them are even half way gone. I then have a depraved volume of soap to use up (15 different soaps/creams/sticks - several of them duplicated). Yet still I cast looks at Castle Forbes, SMN etc. I do shift anything I don't rate, mind you.

Basically - I'd be surprised if you finish everything on that list this decade.

Back
Top Bottom