Cordial Greetings One and All

Glad to find a British Wetshaving Forum. I use an EJ D89L razor with corked Derbys, Proraso Cream, Body Shop Maca Root, Ingrams with a few drops of glycerine mixed lather and a tea-tree oil and grapeseed pre-shave with hot towels. This is going to sound a little gynaecological but I find that wearing rubber gloves allows me to use really hot water for the towels. It's a bit of a faff pulling them on and off but worth it. Try it and let me know what you think. I'm still not getting BBS shaves; I can always find bits of stubble afterwards and I think I need input to improve my passes and angles and general technique. Or maybe it's some other issue. Anyway, I'm happy to be here and am looking forward to learning and contributing.

Captain Cavendish

Hello and welcome

Trial and error will get you there. You have a great razor. It would be a good idea to get a sample pack of blades to find one that suits. Here's an example:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://connaughtshaving.com/samplepack.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://connaughtshaving.com/samplepack.html</a><!-- m -->

Then plenty of Mantics videos to look at. And lots of advice here.

Captain Cavendish said:
Glad to find a British Wetshaving Forum. I use an EJ D89L razor with corked Derbys, Proraso Cream, Body Shop Maca Root, Ingrams with a few drops of glycerine mixed lather and a tea-tree oil and grapeseed pre-shave with hot towels. This is going to sound a little gynaecological but I find that wearing rubber gloves allows me to use really hot water for the towels. It's a bit of a faff pulling them on and off but worth it. Try it and let me know what you think. I'm still not getting BBS shaves; I can always find bits of stubble afterwards and I think I need input to improve my passes and angles and general technique. Or maybe it's some other issue. Anyway, I'm happy to be here and am looking forward to learning and contributing.

Captain Cavendish

Your gonna fit right in here fella, welcome aboard :)

Good to have you here..enjoy your stay!..try "palm stropping" your blades..save the wine corks!...
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogq4wfpT7hc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogq4wfpT7hc</a><!-- m -->

:lol:

B

RB73 said:
Captain Cavendish said:

Captain Cavendish

Your gonna fit right in here fella, welcome aboard :)

Welcome to TSR,,,,I think :?
........Glycerine,,tea tree oil,,grapeseed,,hot towels,,,,rubber gloves :shock: :shock:
I think you and Sunburyboy will get along just fine,,,,how are you with Sellotape by the way :?:
regards, beejay

Aye aye Captain and welcome to TSR! :D I´m happy you didn´t use the words "anal" and "rubber cloves" in the same sentence, that would have set off the alarm bells :D

Hi & very welcome Captain C , whilst Derbys have their fans here, I'd second that earlier thought that you may find it worth trying a few other blades (assuming you haven't already, that is). I'm mildly surprised that you have to cork the Derbys. The 89 is a very well thought of razor in all its variant makers.

Enjoy ................ and plse try not to mention rubber gloves too frequently, PigCat has just calmed down from the previous episode, however we shan't mention that !

JohnnyO. \ :lol:

Back
Top Bottom