December 2023 acquisition

IMG_0090.jpeg

My return to DE shaving is now complete.
One month ago I bought the Executive Shaving medium synthetic brush and TOBS Sandlewood cream, which I’ve been using with my cartridge razor.
Now I’ve just received a Giesen and Forsthoff Timor razor, Rapira Swedish Supersteel blades (my all time faves), Cella soft soap and Trumpers Eucris cream.
Marvellous.

View attachment 114065

My return to DE shaving is now complete.
One month ago I bought the Executive Shaving medium synthetic brush and TOBS Sandlewood cream, which I’ve been using with my cartridge razor.
Now I’ve just received a Giesen and Forsthoff Timor razor, Rapira Swedish Supersteel blades (my all time faves), Cella soft soap and Trumpers Eucris cream.
Marvellous.

Marvellous, indeed! That'll do just fine ...

I am curious to know if there is any difference between the Timor and the Muhle R89. Most likely Muhle supply the heads.

Welcome back to proper shaving! Enjoy!

It was a choice between the Muhle R89 and the Timor… I just thought the Timor sounded a bit ”cooler”… yes, I am that shallow.

Just had a magnificent first shave with the new razor. I’m sitting here breathing in Eucris fumes and feeling my face… hope the neighbours aren’t looking in.

I hope to put more details in SOTD.

Great! Yeah, it's a nice looker and personally, I prefer the handle to Muhle's offerings. I have an R89 but always put an alternate handle on.

... and Eucris. I hear you. It's the time of year that someone might want to splash out on the bottle of perfume for you.

Wilkinson Sword Profile Royale to join my recently acquired regular Profile (left):

ADCreHc3RraFKD6OwTUcFTH5wRBkDjqZzvfz1OtlmHOUFdc1_E3112rNY75OfVl-0oUJ4oOfYUyDZIz1TPvsJNNoNAABGmtqZNTGQlxhwVBSpJrVTmsYb2SnHZjJsO2FaN_eWTB-bkn_P4c66ULSFk2Hun01kA=w1200

My Yaqi Tachi (and Tsuka) arrived. Very nice!

I'm hoping the design of the baseplate where the corners of the blade are nowhere near the edge will not interfere with the intricacies around my nose but given that's the same on, say, the Razorock Game Changer it might well not be useful to me. Nice handle, though.

When I saw this bargain on AliExpress, it was a no brainer.
Screenshot-2023-12-04-12-36-56-168-com-android-chrome-3.jpg

It arrived within a week; consider my gob smacked.
1000016860-01.jpg

Lovely soft 26mm knot. It will be used soon.
Does it have a large glue bump?
I bought mine not long after they introduced these brushes, and the glue bump is significant. It's still useable, but I've recently contemplated replacing the knot as I realised it's taking longer to work up a lather with it than with another, smaller diameter brush because almost a third of the length of the fibre is lost to the glue bump.

Back
Top Bottom