Disposing of blades

I've recently switched to using a single blade with a double edge razor (Wilkinson Classic). I put the used blades back in the container that the blades come in. It has 2 slots one on each side of the container: One to take the blades out and use them and one to put the spent blades back in once used up. Then I put them in the bin.

Smell The Glove said:
I use the used blade slot in my blade pack.

Once I've used the last blade, just toss the pack in the bin.

aha!I still keep the pack when the blade bank is full,I use the empty dispenser bit to put in more used blades :cool:

James_uk said:
Smell The Glove said:
I use the used blade slot in my blade pack.

Once I've used the last blade, just toss the pack in the bin.

aha!I still keep the pack when the blade bank is full,I use the empty dispenser bit to put in more used blades :cool:

James, you're such a naughty engine! :p

Sorry, I was thinking of Thomas the Tank Engine. James is my favourite engine, though hehe

Throw it in the bin. Geez guys you can't be serious making an issue of throwing a blade away... :shock: The only thing you should be worried about is withstanding to dig in your own bin... but I can manage that :cool:

I think most are happy to throw them away (recycling is a bit pointless with such a thin tiny piece of metal), it's just the safety aspect. I don't want my bin men to slash their backs open when a stray blade juts out of the bin bag.

Safety with kids around the house is another factor, (curious fingers love to delve everywhere!) hence the safety deposit bin idea of a few members. It's holding about 30 so far, I reckon there's room for maybe a few hundred more. Then I'll throw it away. ;)

It's all about safety for me. I see it as my responsibility to see that nobody is put at risk from discarded blades, whether it's family members or people dealing with the waste. Popping them into a secure holder and then disposing of them responsibly is the least I can do, I reckon.

smorgo said:
It's all about safety for me. I see it as my responsibility to see that nobody is put at risk from discarded blades, whether it's family members or people dealing with the waste. Popping them into a secure holder and then disposing of them responsibly is the least I can do, I reckon.

Same for me, safety is paramount for me too, especially where sharps are concerned.

I just use an Altoids tin when full a spot of super glue on the lid then into the recycle. It looks good on the shelf as well.

Attachments

• f8002f169f7349b8.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 37
CsV96CGkKGrHqUOKjcEzbG0ZBwBNEIJVjl4g_12.jpg

Got this on ebay, at my current rate it will be filled up by 2034 unless I start head shaving. :lol:

I'm with Canuck on this one, I use a baby food jar, washed out and stored safely in the bathroom cabinet with the lid on, looks like I'll get about 100 used blades inside it! When I've finished with the blade take the lid off insert used blade, replace lid simples! Even if you don't have a small child at home, maybe you know someone that has, you could ask them for a couple of jars, or even bite the bullet and buy one or two! But under no circumstances eat the food it is most offensive to adult tastebuds, trust me on this one!

lesed said:
I'm with Canuck on this one, I use a baby food jar, washed out and stored safely in the bathroom cabinet with the lid on, looks like I'll get about 100 used blades inside it! When I've finished with the blade take the lid off insert used blade, replace lid simples! Even if you don't have a small child at home, maybe you know someone that has, you could ask them for a couple of jars, or even bite the bullet and buy one or two! But under no circumstances eat the food it is most offensive to adult tastebuds, trust me on this one!

Hehe why is baby food ALWAYS bright orange???!!!!! lol.

Back
Top Bottom