"Don't believe the hype"

I wanted to like the original Blackbird but as an everyday shaver I found it a bit much, the Blackbird Ti razor however is ( for me ) much better. Lighter in the hand and very smooth on the skin, one of my favourite razors. :)

Paul.
i have to say it’s a disappointment to hear these reviews about the Blackbird as it’s always been a razor iv wanted to try, Always been a razor i thought i would like.
Maybe sounds daft but every razor i buy these days i want it to be a daily driver.
I don’t want mild as in AS-D2, just something in between. If i find a razor slightly aggressive i just won’t buy it.
Having said that i have a few razors that are aggressive and i enjoy using them but the days of me buying razors to sit in drawers are over unfortunately.
So as my aunties old song would go
By by Blackbird :ROFLMAO:
sorry couldn’t resist

Last edited:
i have to say it’s a disappointment to hear these reviews about the Blackbird as it’s always been a razor iv wanted to try, Always been a razor i thought i would like.
Maybe sounds daft but every razor i buy these days i want it to be a daily driver.
I don’t want mild as in AS-D2, just something in between. If i find a razor slightly aggressive i just won’t buy it.
Having said that i have a few razors that are aggressive and i enjoy using them but the days of me buying razors to sit in drawers are over unfortunately.
sorry couldn’t resist
I don't think you would be disappointed with the Ti Blackbird Mike, so tell me when you are next in the UK and I will gladly send you my Ti Bird for you to try for a week or so, I think it will be just perfect for you.

Paul.

I wanted to like the original Blackbird but as an everyday shaver I found it a bit much, the Blackbird Ti razor however is ( for me ) much better. Lighter in the hand and very smooth on the skin, one of my favourite razors. :)

Paul.
I've heard that about the Ti Blackbird, P. I thought the same would be true with the Ti Vector but it didn't work out for me.

I will no doubt cave in the future though and end up with a Ti BB! :cool:

I don't think you would be disappointed with the Ti Blackbird Mike, so tell me when you are next in the UK and I will gladly send you my Ti Bird for you to try for a week or so, I think it will be just perfect for you.

Paul.
Brilliant Paul Thank You
i’m here just now but unfortunately heading away on the 18th :cry:
but i’ll certainly take you up on it when i’m back
Thank You
Mike

sorry couldn’t resist
You might really get on with the Blackbird with the Lite baseplate. I find the standard baseplate a bit too much, certainly as a daily driver, but the Lite plate makes it for me the ideal daily driver. If I had to get rid of all my other razors and keep one, I’d keep the Blackbird with both the standard and lite baseplates, as together they give you all you ever really need.

You might really get on with the Blackbird with the Lite baseplate. I find the standard baseplate a bit too much, certainly as a daily driver, but the Lite plate makes it for me the ideal daily driver. If I had to get rid of all my other razors and keep one, I’d keep the Blackbird with both the standard and lite baseplates, as together they give you all you ever really need.
Good point, I have the lite plate and it will be sent in the box for Mike to try.

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom