Ever Ready 1912 SE The Best ?

Right so many weeks down the line as a committed SE shaver I am of the opinion that the 1912 ids quite simply the best SE shave. During my research into SE shaving the 1912 kept coming up as a very nice shave, a fact I can now agree with through personal use of this razor.
The feedback you get aurally from the blade is a constant joy not repeated by the Streamline or 1924, a fact that also helps to make the shave a joy to use. The 1912 was in production for 40 years and I for one can now see why, a simple design that has stood the test of time.
Regards,
Pete

pedro083 said:
ffs, you change your mind more than vinny. Hate to see you in the biscuit aisle in the supermarket:icon_rolleyes:

Now plain or milk chocolate digestives, that is the question.......or just plain digestives....no rich tea it is........I think, maybe. :angel::angel:

Pete

Hobnobs please.

I agree, the 1912 is a fantastic shaver, feels good in the paws & is quite forgiving for an SE. In car tech terms when compared to a straight, its like going from drum brakes to discs with ABS.

Choco Leibniz for me. Sorry I'm a bit posh when it comes to biccies.

I would say going from DE to SE is like going from a big comfy Merc with 12 airbags, abs, esp and crumple zones to a Lotus Exige.

The Lotus is very effective, but if you make a mistake you'll know about it.

The analogy breaks down (just like a Lotus) because SE razors are well made and won't fall to bits.

Well I now have a serious problem, the biscuits are in need of a change, just used a Gem Micromatic O/C this morning. After reading about them started with trepidation, ended up having the closest smoothest shave ever. Me and my bragging the 1912 is the best thing since sliced bread.
Regards,
Pete

man of leisure said:
Well I now have a serious problem, the biscuits are in need of a change, just used a Gem Micromatic O/C this morning. After reading about them started with trepidation, ended up having the closest smoothest shave ever. Me and my bragging the 1912 is the best thing since sliced bread.
Regards,
Pete

Nice work. Very rewarding when you get it right.

I'd like to put in a vote for the Gem Junior. I had a very nice shave with it today. Used a Gem SE blade. It was a very forgiving razor good WTG, ATG, and what ever other way I sent it. I have to put my 2cents in for the Junior. It's also a handsome razor in gold.

So having fallen in love with an O/C Gem Micromatic Hax generously pifed me I have now aquired from Siruskey a very nice shiny model at a very good price :angel::angel:
Pete
ps no need to change the biscuits at this time

Sept 10th
Tried the Ever-Ready 1924 Front Flip Top for the 1st time.
Ever interesting razor. Unlike the other Gem and Ever-Ready razors that I've used, it's hinged in the front! I find that the inside design of the head makes it a little tricky to properly position the blade. There's no center dimple to place the center slot of the SE on. That aside, it's a well built razor, a little short handled, but one that feels good in your hand.
I used a: Gem SE blade
Proraso preshave and Proraso shave cream, and Masters Old Bay.
Nice shave. 4ish passes to get a close shave. A keeper.

Shave tonight with Siruskeys old Micromatic finally confirms to me that it is my favorite razor, so my 2 razors of choice no. 1 the Gem Micromatic and no. 2 the 1912 Ever Ready
Pete

Back
Top Bottom