Executive Shaving to cease selling Rooney

Hi all,

As you know, the only UK vendor for Rooney is Executive Shaving. I have bashed them in the past for poor communication and service, but I have been conversing with a chap called Brian who is very communicative and helpful (did ES change management/ownership recently?)

Anyway, it seems due to bad communication with Lee Sabini, they are selling their remaining stock of Rooneys.

I just ordered a nice white 3/1 Silvertip. The 3/1 was my first decent brush, and I really missed the handle shape. One of my favourites! Let's hope I get a good knot.

Just a heads up. The only other place to get them as far as I know is Classic Shaving (reportedly owned by Sabini) in the US. Vintage Blades don't ship to the UK, yet have the best variety of brushes. Very frustrating.

John

jhclare said:
Let's hope I get a good knot.

Is this a general fact about Rooney brushes, that some knots are poor quality? Reason I am asking is my Brush is loosing something like 5-10 hairs every day, since day one.

So is this only happening with the "bad" Rooney's?

/Max

I dont believe Rooneys are known for producing shedders, anymore than any other brush maker. It happens from time to time. How long have you had the brush? some brushes shed for 5-10 shaves from new then stop. If your brush is still sheeding after that, return it to the vendor for an exchange.

My only experience of these is a Rooney 1/2 finest & a Sabini prototype. They have maybe shed one hair each.

Back
Top Bottom