Extro Cosmesi Cream

Been using Extro's Egyptian Oudh recently. More of a croap than a cream and a little goes a long way. Quite thirsty but gradually dribbling in a little more water, lathers like a champ and I think it's heavy exotic fragrance is awesome. The aftershave although good as an aftershave is more of an EDT and seems to last and project for ever.

Been using Extro's Egyptian Oudh recently. More of a croap than a cream and a little goes a long way. Quite thirsty but gradually dribbling in a little more water, lathers like a champ and I think it's heavy exotic fragrance is awesome. The aftershave although good as an aftershave is more of an EDT and seems to last and project for ever.

My Egyptian Oudh arrived today. The scent is pretty light from the tub but I’m hoping it strengthens when lathering.

What’s your technique for getting a good lather from this soap? I haven’t tried it yet but I’m thinking wet the brush and swirl from 30 seconds.

My Egyptian Oudh arrived today. The scent is pretty light from the tub but I’m hoping it strengthens when lathering.

What’s your technique for getting a good lather from this soap? I haven’t tried it yet but I’m thinking wet the brush and swirl from 30 seconds.
It's a soft soap - you shouldn't need more than a 20 second load. It's a veg base so it will look a little foamy/overhydrated initially but don't worry. It will burst in to a thicker slick lather following some more swirls.

I'm a bit wary of this brand in case my skin reacts to the scents. To help me decide, to what other soaps or creams are they similar.

I'm a bit wary of this brand in case my skin reacts to the scents. To help me decide, to what other soaps or creams are they similar.
they make few choices for people with sensitive skin (like ‘zero’ with no scent) and most of them will be delicate to the skin for most people apart from bay rum and youtimol (which is also now out of production). Not sure really to what other cream I can compare it, it really is something of its own in my opinion. If not sure about scents/mechanics, on Connaught shaving they sell samples of 10 ml which is enough to make 3 shaves and they have plenty of choice for the scents (maybe they don’t have all of them but quite few). For me the strongest point of extró is really the scent side, original and out of ordinary scents, very well balanced, a beautiful ‘trip’ while shaving

Tried Extro for the first time this morning. I was torn between Bay Rum and Arancia Italiana and I chose Arancia. The description states a range of citrus scents but all I smell is sweet orange which I like. I got a dense slippy and slidey lather with just a few whips and a great shave. I'm a bit disappointed that it didn't come in a glass jar as mentioned in the description. What I got was a tin which is aluminium on the outside and white plastic on the inside. Good price from Connaught.

Extro.jpg

I have 5 Extro Cosmesi creams. They’re a bit more expensive than others but I rate them. All 5 perform about the same. I like the glass jars.

Camelot, which is listed as a patchouli dominant citrus, floral and woody scent. This is my favorite of the 4. Nice green coloured cream.

Pirata, which is a really vibrant reddy-pink colour, and described as a “fresh and spicy traditional barbershop fragrance.” This one has the most intense of the 4 fragrances. I don’t know why but I get Christmas memories smelling this one.

The End, which has an amusing picture of a shark’s mouth on the lid. This is very close to the scent of Brut.

Bergamotto - main note supposed to be bergamot, which I can pick up on but I also get lemon and mandarin. Very nice.

Legno di Sandalo - quite subtle scent, pleasant, woody, bit of a cousin to the scent of Proraso red to my nose.

Hi,
I am partial to it because it's really an Italian small business, truly artisanal, run by a nice gentleman called Donato Ciniello (see youtube).
Try out: Arzachena, a fantastic, fresh, herbal, floral scent in the AS/cologne and Conte di Puglia, classy and subtle... I don't know how to define it better.
This guy is churning out new fragrances quite often, check extrocosmesi web site.

The soaps have changed formula recently, most now are "water free" meaning that water is coming from the milks used during formulation.
The glass jar was discontinued because it became too expensive and adding to the weight of shipments, further increasing the impact.
The aluminium jar is more sustainable and the plastic insert is to avoid contact of soap with Aluminium to avoid degradation due due the metal and contamination of the soap with a potential allergen.

Leathering is best done in a shaving bowl.

Back
Top Bottom