Favourite Jumper Style

I know it's summer, but what's your favourite Jumper or Sweater style?

Arran or Cable
Scandinavian or Nordic - Icelandic and Norwegian
Submariner or Guernsey Fishermen
Polo Neck
Fair Isle or Argyle
Shetland
Donegal

I generally have plain crew wool or cotton Jumpers but want to get something more individual so will be getting a few of the above.

I’ve got a couple of Gloverall Submariners and a North Sea Clothing Divers sweater. I also have a couple of Arans from Peregrine. I like wearing turtleneck sweaters in the colder months, North Sea Clothing sweaters are excellent quality, very warm indeed. I have some thinner V-neck merino wool sweaters that I wear over a shirt, the heavier sweaters go over my undershirt. I’d quite like a Gansy but the neck looks a bit odd to me.

I have two submariner's, two Guernsey Gansy's, two Arthur Beale oiled wool jumpers, one Beerenberg roll neck and the other a Boat neck and I also have one Nordic jumper.
I love wool jumper's and look forward to the colder weather so I can wear them again! :)

Paul.

Ha! I'm the opposite, I just can't wear jumpers, even a sweatshirt makes me feel claustrophobic and stifled. If it's cold I have an Icebreaker merino top with a short zip at the neck, and I'll wear a fleece over it. Only time I wear knitwear is if it's a funeral in winter and I am wearing a suit, then it'll be a standard v-neck with a Crombie type coat over the suit. Generally I'll be in short sleeves all year round. Dunno why, jumpers just suffocate me. It's not that I'm against the look, they just make me uncomfortable.

Never cold enough in our country for jummies ... but yes, Christmas is a good reason to wear some form of faux-seasonal or Nordi-Scandi-Icelandic style.

While on Iceland, we were in a lovely woolen shop and Mrs took a liking to one of the jumpers. My money conversion was a bit ropey and this was the days before a mobile phone in every pocket. We left it for that day and checked the conversion once back at the hotel. I'm glad we did as the £45 we thought it was ... was actually £450!

I very rarely wear jumpers. I hardly ever feel cold enough to wear one, even in the middle of winter. I usually wear short-sleeved shirts or polo shirts, even on Christmas Day. I guess that I don't like to feel too warm. I like to be cool.

Cardigans for me too. I remember purchasing a beautiful pure wool shawl collar number from Sam Fisher in the Burlington Arcade many many years ago. Many years latter (Sam Fisher went by the wayside many moons ago) and following literally years of research etc, I tracked down the person who knitted this cardigan, who was now running a pub in Hawick, Scotland and he very kindly hand knitted me another one in cashmere; I still own both cardigans to this day.

I love my oiled wool roll neck jumper from A. Beale's, undyed black Welsh mountain sheep's wool. beautiful! :)

Paul.
That may be ok for a chickie, but not a man with stubble, and you can't shave constantly.

2-IMG_0287.JPG

Back
Top Bottom