Favourite Shaving Soaps

Tried Barrister and Mann The Full Measure of Man shaving soap today from a free sample courtesy of Your Shaving. Disappointing. The scent is a stinky mixture of tobacco and Sandalwood which I could still smell two hous after I finished the shave. I found whipping up a lather a lengthy exercise which could relate to my usual quicker shaving cream and soft soap. Overall, it performed about the same as every other artisan-price product I've tried: It works well but not any better than other products without the artisan price tag.

I'll stick with TOBS and 3P. In fact I have a TOBS Royal Forest on order.

Barrister And Mann for me is first class although like any soap / Cream they are not for everyone.
If i can smell a soap 2 hours after a shave that’s a plus point for me.
As for lathering a soap has never taken me any longer than a cream,
For me lathering takes the same amount of time depending on the effort i put in, but i can pretty shave with anything in 30 seconds should i choose to do that.
Artisans are all pretty much of a muchness but that doesn’t mean they are bad, All in the eye of the beholder i guess however you can’t put B&M in the same category as 3P but again each to our own

I can not fault anything about Zingari man except maybe some polarising scents such as the Watchman, nevertheless the lather is easy to make and very comfortable, the smells strength and longevity is right about in the middle and their splashes are the most soothing

Back
Top Bottom