Finished.!!

Last Sunday I finished the Nanny's Moroccan Sands cream sample after 29 shaves!
Since I started recording my shave stats in early 2023 it had been my most used soap or cream.

Currently working on using a few things up so I can get more stuff at Xmas without feeling so guilty!

29 shaves from a sample?

You clearly haven’t got a Brobdingnagian face!

PXL_20240811_104546361~2.jpg
this was piffed to me 1.5 years ago and I used it sparingly in warmer weather and it finally finished today.

the scent was nice enough and I liked the menthol but I wouldn't get it again since the aloe vera leaves a slightly dry, tacky feel. I think I prefer to use an aftershave splash and a normal skin cream, rather than aftershave balms.

DSC01637.JPG

The first of a few kills on the horizon.

Cavera Beetle (Portugal)

Picked this up from TK Maxx about 2/3 years ago, I think it was under a fiver if I remember right.

The scent had a bit of a minty, menthol vibe with a touch of something else going on. (My sense of smell is not the greatest!) The cream was a bit gloopy and I just couldn't get a good lather out of it. It was almost paste like......... but in fairness it did give a reasonably good shave, with no or very little irritation and felt nice on the skin.

Lather - 1/10
Scent - 6/10
Actual shave/perfomance - 5/10

I'm glad I tried It..... but I wouldn't buy it again!

Cheers, Carl

View attachment 124538

Great as a pre shave but not as a shaving cream nor for post shave (at least not for me). Seems to be sold out everywhere - hopefully not discontinued as was also great for itchy skin and insect bites on holiday!
It was originally invented in someone's kitchen (USA) as a sun burn cream. People said it helped with their eczema, so that's how it got it's name (it didn't have a name before - just sunburn cream). Hence Noxzema - no exzema. It was bought up, ingredients cheapened, sold off, and bought by Unilever. As Unilever is a British company, it is made in Italy. Understand? Neither do I.
The pot you have, I bought that stuff, modified for shaving. I tried to get a lather but couldn't. I used a bit more, still no lather. I tried shaving with it anyway, and it was excellent. No cut, no sore skin, no need for pre-shave or after shave cream. I have it in a tube as well, but it's different.

View attachment 124538

Great as a pre shave but not as a shaving cream nor for post shave (at least not for me). Seems to be sold out everywhere - hopefully not discontinued as was also great for itchy skin and insect bites on holiday!

£7.50

Prep or 3P make a cream with the same function if this one proves difficult in future.

Finished my last bottle of Bart’s Bonce Balm. I’ve been using it for head and face with a small amount of CeraVe Hyaluronic Acid Serum mixed in and it works a treat. My skin has been noticeably softer and more hydrated. Unfortunately there hasn’t been any Bonce Balm in stock for a good while now so I think it might have been discontinued which is a shame as along with Hawkins & Brimble Balm it was the best I’d come across. I’ve not tried any of the scented Bart’s Balms, are they strongly scented? I prefer to use the scent from my cologne or EDT. I’ve just started Trumpers Coral Skin Food which has a light rose scent which quickly fades which I like. I’ll see how I get on with it.

Back
Top Bottom