Gillette Fusion - Credit where credit is due

FWIW, I got a Harry's razor gift set as a birthday present back in Jan this year. Have used it a few times and my carefully considered opinion is that it is a little rough and unsophisticated compared to the Fusion 5 family.

I find the blades / cartridge rougher on the cut and the flexible head is poor by comparison.

I won't be buying any more carts for it, that's for sure. If i try anything different to the Fusion 5, i would be tempted to revisit the Mach 3 which still appears to sell well.

FWIW, I got a Harry's razor gift set as a birthday present back in Jan this year. Have used it a few times and my carefully considered opinion is that it is a little rough and unsophisticated compared to the Fusion 5 family.

I find the blades / cartridge rougher on the cut and the flexible head is poor by comparison.

I won't be buying any more carts for it, that's for sure. If i try anything different to the Fusion 5, i would be tempted to revisit the Mach 3 which still appears to sell well.
Saves me trying that brand! If I see a Bulldog going cheap, I will take one for the team.. Big fan of their other products. The razor seems to get mixed reviews.

Still enjoying the same blade on the Proglide after a couple of weeks.

... more than a little in my opinion! 'orrible 'arry!
Going to add the Bulldog blade to the rough list. Picked up a razor + 2 blades for £6. The handle is lovely. Bamboo. The 5 blades, for me are rough and tuggy. For the first time in a while I got some razor burn.

Read on Badger & Blade that WS Quattro blades fit the handle, but not buying a pack to find out that they dont! Great handle though.

Back to the Proglige for my mini DE hiatus.

Harry's bought the Feintechnik blade plant which was at one time the blade manufacturer of the GDR, known for producing such wonderful DE blades as the Croma Diamant and Bolzano :eek:

It doesn't surprise me to hear they are rough!!!

Going to add the Bulldog blade to the rough list. Picked up a razor + 2 blades for £6. The handle is lovely. Bamboo. The 5 blades, for me are rough and tuggy. For the first time in a while I got some razor burn.

Read on Badger & Blade that WS Quattro blades fit the handle, but not buying a pack to find out that they dont! Great handle though.

Back to the Proglige for my mini DE hiatus.
The Bulldog handle is a part of the Wilkinson Sword Quattro/GT5/GT6 family. And if memory serves me right the Caliber 5.

Thank you,@Sabre - could I please ask about GT5. Not seen that term before. Maybe a silly question - is that the same as Hydro 5?
They were in the UK at Tesco. Some subscriptions companies still have them. They are kind of related to the current Lidl 5 blade carts. Available in Japan previously as the Quattro 5 - yes, an oxymoron.

5038273__77186.png

Have you tried the Feather F System carts yet Paul?

I've found the MR3 Neo to be a much better razor than the Gillette Fusion (both with and without the flex ball) and it's excellent for head shaving.

The newer F3 Samurai Edge is a monstrosity to look at but also works surprisingly well.

The cart prices are around the same as a Feather Guard and the addition of a razor pit extends the life of them significantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just to note that there is what appears to be a clone of the Feather F system on Amazon complete with a roller in place of the usual rubber strip but with 5 blades - Bret's razor.

Back
Top Bottom