Glasgow West End ( & Morrisons Fort ) wet shaving supplies walkabout.

Hi Folks,

Just sharing my haul, as i had a beard for best part of ten years, when i came back to shaving recently i realised that the Palmolive shave stick had been discontinued, went onto ebay and the scalpers were in full force, ten pounds a stick.

I figured some independant stores may have some old stock on their shelves so i set out to the west end of Glasgow Scotland to see if my thought process was correct, below is what i found over visiting 10 stores within a mile or so, whilst cartridge and spray foam was prominant, i did find some stuff fairly easy and as such i was encouraged that safety/straight razor wet shaving is still relevant.

Palmolive shave cream tube - Morrisons Glasgow Fort ( £2 )
Palmolive shave stick & Noxema ( £0.79 Palmolive, Noxema was £1.79 ) corner shop
Boots blades ( £2 for 10, says made in Germany, not sure who makes them? maybe Wilkie factory? )
Wilkinson Sword 10 pack ( £2.89 ) Boots
Wilkinson Shave bowl ( £4.60 ) Boots
Wilkinson Sword 5 pack ( Hardware store, watched him open the box, charged me £1. )

Glasgow shopping trip resized image.jpg

would you mind sharing the address of the corner shop with Palmolive sticks if they still had more?
Hi Semi,

there was only 1 left and the box is damaged, but the shop was Partick Superstore at the Kelvinhall Subway station, fairly certain if you walked up Byres road you would find more, i checked from Sainsburys West end retail park to the bottom of Byres road, Including Morrisons, and bar the Palmolive shave cream i got all of the above.
Also i went on a sunday so some of the stores and Chemists were shut, ,most likely there will be more.

1725829268059.png

Back
Top Bottom