gone to the straight side

Hi all
just posting to show off my first foray into straight razors i bagged this off ebay after christmas sent off to Neil for sorting out and he has done a sterling job <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://flic.kr/p/9n3gva" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://flic.kr/p/9n3gva</a><!-- m --> thanks Neil.The strops great as well just hope I don't make a pigs ear of using it.

Had a bash at using her earlier on must admit I had to take things very slowly got a bit carried away and managed to do most of my face without cutting any thing off.but feels like it may be some time before i get totally to grips.

one thing i did notice was when i made a pass with the razor it seamed to take all the moisture out of my face.

Great find and Kropps´re supposed to be nice shavers.

Soap´re more important when straight shaving, I think, and you better go for the more slippery ones to start with.

Nice piece of kit you got :p

Lather with straights is different than with DEs, I had to "relearn" to make good lather when I moved to straights, with DEs mediocre lather is not that problematic, use the same with a straight and you're in trouble!

Enjoy!

Max

Me too, but mine is still just a project in waiting. Kropps are very well regarded by many, so you're likely to be off to a good start. I did buy one from Neil at Christmas as a gift for a beginner; it looked the business but I haven't heard from the chap in question recently. A bit ominous, that. :?

Mikael said:

Soap´re more important when straight shaving, I think, and you better go for the more slippery ones to start with.
What do you find are the more slippery soaps or can you achieve the same results with good prep and a good lather?

missingskin said:
Mikael said:

What do you find are the more slippery soaps or can you achieve the same results with good prep and a good lather?

What Andy said, those are my favourites ... MdC works too :D :lol:. P160 is also nice and slippery as is MWF ... Arko is never wrong either.

Back
Top Bottom