Hello from Seattle

insomniac said:
Hi,

I was asked to introduce myself here... I'm a resident of Seattle, Washington, been wetshaving for about two years now.

Hi there,

Yeah, these guys are a little sensitive about having a proper introduction. It's gotta be an English kinda tradition thing, sorta like tea and crumpets. Also, get used to not understanding a lot of what they're talking about, since many of their phrases don't make any sense to the Yanks here. I do laugh sometimes at what must be made up language used just to confuse non UK members.

Oh........I didn't catch your name. Would you prefer being called Mr insomniac, or can we drop the Mr part? You can call me Mr Dodgy if you like.

You can see I've been here for a while, and I just wanted to warn you about the usual hazing that's coming. Yeah, I still get that (being from near Chicago), but it's no big deal by now. I know I'll always be considered an outsider, but I'm at peace with that. I believe the term for these guys is 'Sticky Wicket', or something just as weird sounding.

One other quick tip for you that was given to me when I first started posting here. First one was "Don't talk about the war", and the second was "Antdad can be a bit grumpy". That was good advice.

Good luck here,

Mr Dodgy (Martin)

Oh.........being a new member I need to warn you about some of my posts. There may be small snippets of sarcasm or bits of facetious thoughts that somehow slip in to what I'm typing. Nothing to be done to fix that.......it's my nature.

Not sensitive to introductions per se... more to people arriving seemingly from nowhere to either buy or sell pricey kit with no "back story" - look at it another way, on the basis of the pedigree of 1-2 posts would you sell a $100 item by post to another country when payment is most likely coming via the least seller-friendly mechanism possible (ie. Paypal) where transactions can be reversed on the buyer's say so when the item is in transit and thus the seller loses both the item and has no cash to show for it.

Common sense and courtesy is all we seek.

Welcome insomniac - I'm sure you must have had some shuteye since the last post :D

dodgy said:
Hi there,

Yeah, these guys are a little sensitive about having a proper introduction. It's gotta be an English kinda tradition thing, sorta like tea and crumpets. Also, get used to not understanding a lot of what they're talking about, since many of their phrases don't make any sense to the Yanks here. I do laugh sometimes at what must be made up language used just to confuse non UK members.

Oh........I didn't catch your name. Would you prefer being called Mr insomniac, or can we drop the Mr part? You can call me Mr Dodgy if you like.

Ah, thanks :) You can call me Steve.

hunnymonster - I agree with your points. Thank you for your patience with me :)

Hi & very welcome Steve. As a Scot myself I can promise you that any "tea & crumpets" or cucumber sandwich posts are very good natured. Since I believe that some members feel that English must surely be my second language I must needs refrain from passing any comments on opaque terminology. Have a great time in TSR & don't take anything too seriously (we don't).

JohnnyO. \ :D

JohnnyO said:
Hi & very welcome Steve. As a Scot myself I can promise you that any "tea & crumpets" or cucumber sandwich posts are very good natured. Since I believe that some members feel that English must surely be my second language I must needs refrain from passing any comments on opaque terminology. Have a great time in TSR & don't take anything too seriously (we don't).

JohnnyO. \ :D

Thanks, Johnny :)

If we can't have tea and crumpets, how about some nice Scotch? Aberlour A'bunadh preferred!

Welcome Steve! Hope you enjoy the forum and have many good shaves. What kit do you use? Don't worry it's not all "tea and crumpets" here!

Anyone for hot cross buns? :lol:

Hi Steve, welcome to the asylum.........another Steve here, I am sure you will fit in just fine.Just try not to take us too seriously....... ;)

Mr Dodgy (Martin)
Oh.........being a new member I need to warn you about some of my posts. There may be small snippets of sarcasm or bits of facetious thoughts that somehow slip in to what I'm typing. Nothing to be done to fix that.......it's my nature.[/quote]

No sh*t sherlock.......... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
How you Martin, keeping well I hope. Still looking for that mint Ranger Tech for me...........

missingskin said:
Hi Steve, welcome to the asylum.........another Steve here, I am sure you will fit in just fine.Just try not to take us too seriously....... ;)

How you Martin, keeping well I hope. Still looking for that mint Ranger Tech for me...........

What's doin Steve,

Yep, I'm still hot on the trail for that item. Saw what I thought was a cased mint Ranger the other day, but it turned out to only be a prototype Senator that was made without teeth, and then put in the Ranger Tech case. Yeah, it was expensive ($10), so you can understand why I didn't buy that for you. I'm sure it's gone by now.......some sucker will buy the silly thing for that crazy price.

As you know, all Gillettes here in Yankville USA are dirt cheap,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom