help to fined out what this razor is

hi guys looking for some help i picked this razor up and was looking for some kind of info on it.it is a gillette trade mark made in England it has a british pat number 363892. it is 8cm long it is a small but light razor it has started to tarnish slighty it is a sort of silver but is turning a brass/copper colour on the head of the razor is were it is bad the most. any info would be great please as am not sure were to start and if any one could point me in the right way as to were i could get it refurbished it would b great a big thanks in advance guys :D

Attachments

• gill2.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 293
  • IMG_0036 (640x478).jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 257
  • IMG_0037 (640x478).jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 256
Re: help to

I'd like to know because I've seen it before, unfortunately the razor database I usually refer to is no more.

The obvious thing to say is that its some type of English NEW with a funny handle but the head looks like a NEW Improved without the lugs.

Or is it a NEW head with "Fat handle" Tech handle?

Close up pics would be good?

The box looks like it belongs with a bakelite british tech, but thats not to say the box was not used with other models, just I have not seen it.

tazzbaby said:
would it be worth my well getting it replated

If you mean would you recoup the additional cost of plating it? I don't think it's that category of razor TBH.

If you really like it as a shaving razor maybe, but for the sake of it? No probably not.

hunnymonster said:
antdad said:
Or is it a NEW head with "Fat handle" Tech handle?

That's what I thought when I saw it - late model NEW head on a "Fat Handled" Tech handle.

+1 At first look that would be my guess as well. Certainly doesn't look like any New type handle ive seen before otherwise.

I have one just like that (without the case) which I got in a lot of 4 old grungy machines off of eBay. I wasn't sure what it was before or after all the crud came off. I knew the handle looked like one on an old tech I had, but couldn't place the head properly with it and figured it was likely a frankenrazor.

Now I also know, by consensus, that that is a 'late-model' NEW head ... now I need to know how it's different than an 'early-model' NEW...

:lol:

Urban Hermit said:
I have one just like that (without the case) which I got in a lot of 4 old grungy machines off of eBay. I wasn't sure what it was before or after all the crud came off. I knew the handle looked like one on an old tech I had, but couldn't place the head properly with it and figured it was likely a frankenrazor.

Now I also know, by consensus, that that is a 'late-model' NEW head ... now I need to know how it's different than an 'early-model' NEW...

:lol:

It's simple... go spend some quality time over on the NEW page at Achim's <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mr-razor.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mr-razor.com</a><!-- m --> site... all should become clear.

Back
Top Bottom