Hey, first time DE user!

Hey everyone.

Got fed up of the comercial junk not cutting properly, clogging up, rashing my face to bits!

So I bought Wilko classic DE to give it a go with temptation on getting one of the Mekur (?) ones for £30 ish.

Bought my brush, but the real shaving co cream really burnt my face so looking into a more natural ingredient one, have a test pot on the way!

:)

Welcome!...try a better cream..Godrej Menthol/regular/Fresh Lime..also Derby from Turkey Ishtar as good n cheap :mrgreen:
feels great n lathers easily!

Blades

Hello and welcome Robbo.

Sorry to hear that the RSC cream caused you trouble. It is made by the same company which manufactures creams for some of the well known upmarket British brands, and as such represents a notable bargain if you get on with it. Are you sure that it wasn't a problem with the blade or your technique?

I don't think it was my razor or tech.

It was the first time for a DE if anything I went too easy.

But the cream was burning before I even started to shave! Lol

I tested it again the next night, lathered it up and put it on my face, after about 20-30 seconds it just burnt/stung.

Hi! Welcome to TSR.

Get yourself a Edwin Jagger razor. I find they shave similar to Merkurs, the finish on a EJ razor is so much more better.

Greetings Robbo!

... & welcome ...
  • ... to ...
                • ... the Room.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

EJs and Merkurs are pretty much of a muchness - both very good machines; so are Parker 3-pieces in general, though their TTOs are a bit hit-and-miss, quality control-wise I mean (always check to make sure your blade is seated evenly basically).

Some will tell you that you must get a (vintage) Gillette/Schick/SE/straight/(most-modern-as-can-be) cartridge razor (delete as required) for a great shave, but I found a variety of razors to be equally excellent - everyone's shave experience is different (mine's not! ... but I digress - some surprise there!).

RE: Gentler, more-natural readily accessible cream:
                    • Body Shop Macca Root, possibly.

If you're fine with buying online, I CANNOT recommend Nanny's soft shaving soaps highly enough! She's a member here (soapalchemist), and her soaps are all all-natural, as far as I know. ... and all consistently FABOO too.[/list:u][/list:u]

Stick with it, have fun, and you'll find your faves.

thanks for all the replies,

my Edwin Jagger tester pot is here so will give that a try first and hope it works!

will probably try the other out too if they are as good and cheaper!

Back
Top Bottom