How did my first SE shave go?

The 1912, great shave no doubt about it, razor is quite light but the shave experience was superb. The noise mentioned previously adds real value, I knew I was finished when it went all quiet, gonna have to get a headphone jack installed so I don't wake the neighbours in the early hours

You won't regret it. As soon as I had my first 1912 shave I sold all my DE razors.

Everyone's preference is different but if you get a chance to use a "Shovelhead" grab it. I have really wiry bristles and it shaves me closer than the 1912 - but without THAT noise! To honour your conversion today shall be a 1912 shave day.

Great stuff thanks, gives me a good reason to buy another one. The Shovelhead hunt is afoot! I guess I'm going to need an open comb as well, just to make sure I'm not missing anything

chriszacharek said:
I may be listing a few SE razors for sale shortly, the ones I have listed for trade recently. I have a 1924 in there...

Hi Chris please do let me know, on another note... is today the big day? Pre-match nerves?

Okeydokey said:
chriszacharek said:
I may be listing a few SE razors for sale shortly, the ones I have listed for trade recently. I have a 1924 in there...

Hi Chris please do let me know, on another note... is today the big day? Pre-match nerves?

Will do. Think I will be listing a 1924 (believe that's the Shovelhead?) a Gem G bar, a 1912 with lighter aluminium handle, along with a few DEs...
And it's a week today, not too nervous really, just want to get it done so I can spend some money on all this crap again...

YorkNeil said:
............. Everyone's preference is different but if you get a chance to use a "Shovelhead" grab it. I have really wiry bristles and it shaves me closer than the 1912 - but without THAT noise!.........

I thought the 1924 was even louder than any other SE razor. That large flip top cap acts as a soundboard.

Back
Top Bottom