Injector Blades

rowlers said:
That good eh?
Its on my radar to try a schick adjustable. I've got a pack of "chicks" so will give them a whirl..

Hi Lee,

I think its more like a breath of fresh air and a wee change from being locked into an Injector Shaving System of the Personna being the only Bade in Town.....:icon_rolleyes:
For me these blades make Injector shaving a bit more dynamic and more fun and put a new lease of life into my shaving experiences with them.... They are another TOY in the tool box so to speak.......:
Look forward to hear how you get on with them....:icon_razz:
Billy

"BOYS ARE LED BY THEIR TOYS"
Napoleon Bonaparte

Newly acquired Schick Type D
z1_zpsjfrtcada.jpg
[/URL][/img]
Another Shot..
z2_zpsqq0kadl5.jpg
[/URL][/img]

I treated myself to my last USA Made Schick Super Blade for my maiden shave with the Schick Type D.......:s
These are the Sellers photographs and they don't represent the true colour or excellent condition of this razor......The Seller advertised it as being brass, but as far I know they are Gold Plated although it looks and feels as if its brass to me.....I do not want to polish it in case it is Gold Plated.......Someone may be able to put me right here......:huh:

I have used these USA Schick Super Blades in both the E and G Type.... I am familiar with the characteristics of this blade .......Martin (Dodgy) has indicated that these Vintage Blades are better performers than Modern Injector Blades.......I have found this to be true........The upshot of all of this for me is that a shave with a Modern Injector Blade wither it be a Personna or a Chinese Schick as good as they are, just wont cut it, compared to these Vintage Schick Blades ......:icon_rolleyes:

It would appear that the Schick Platinum Blades are even better than these ones.......I am looking forward to trying some of the Platinum Blades..... The D Type offered me a wonderful smooth 3 pass BBS result with no weepers or any hint of biting me......There is very little audible feedback with this blade and razor combination, but as sharp as Samurai........I am in love with the design of this Razor......

Its reminds of something from the Movie" FLASH GORDON" ....:icon_razz:

Schick Type E 3 with Seamed Handle .....:s
bbbbbb_zpsf9g0nixc.jpg
[/URL][/img]
I had my first shaving experience today with a Vintage 74 Personna Tungsten Blade..I didn't know I had them....:huh:....I found them in a Boxed PAL Injectomatic that I acquired some time ago...There seems to be a broad consensus that the Vintage 74 Personna are quite evil, unforgiving and not everybody's cup of tea and a Love them or hate them sort of thing.......:s

Well, there is maybe something in that...... I found them to be a tad ruff on the first pass.....Before the end of my first pass, I had decided that they weren't my "cup of tea" and was about to abort my maiden shave with them......I decided to persevere as its easy compare like for like and subjectively come to the wrong conclusion's without concluding the actions of what you are doing.......:huh:

I reaped the rewards for my endeavours' as the 74 Personna smoothed out and came into its own on my 3rd and final "Vinegar Stroke" pass as I like to call it........I ended up with the Schick Injector Shave of My Life with an irritation free smooth and deep BBS result that would equal the feeling of any 1912.........Here, again, a blade that was manufactured during the height of the Post War Years out performing any currently available Modern Injector Blade by a wide margin.........:icon_rolleyes:

I am going to treasure these Blades and keep them for the Final "Vinegar Stroke" Pass and enjoy the Climax of the Post Shaving Experience they have to Offer....:icon_razz:

Chinese Proverb
"TASTE THE BITTER TO TASTE THE SWEET"

Fergiebilly said:
Newly acquired Schick Type D

I have used these USA Schick Super Blades in both the E and G Type.... I am familiar with the characteristics of this blade .......Martin (Dodgy) has indicated that these Vintage Blades are better performers than Modern Injector Blades.......I have found this to be true........The upshot of all of this for me is that a shave with a Modern Injector Blade wither it be a Personna or a Chinese Schick as good as they are, just wont cut it, compared to these Vintage Schick Blades ......:icon_rolleyes:

Its reminds of something from the Movie" FLASH GORDON" ....:icon_razz:

Good post,

That's one of only a few Schicks I never tried. Haven't seen any in the wild for a long time. Did handle one years ago and it felt good in my hand. Probably didn't buy it because it must have been expensive. Some stores are optimists,

Glad you're looking into this injector thing. It can really be a nice change of pace but usually not till after some trial and error with equipment and technique.

Nice little addition to your arsenal,

Martin

Hi Martin,

I snapped the Type D on a buy it now job on Flea-Bay .....It wasn't listed for long...I got it for £37.00 delivered at my door from the USA......First one that I have ever seen up for grabs.....Its hard to compare it to anything else just now because I am using so many blade combinations at the moment, but its a really smooth shaver and got user friendly characteristic's thats for sure.....:icon_razz:

Fergiebilly said:
.photobucket.com/albums/ah242/Fergiebilly/bbbbbb_zpsf9g0nixc.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/img]
I had my first shaving experience today with a Vintage 74 Personna Tungsten Blade..I didn't know I had them....:huh:....I found them in a Boxed PAL Injectomatic that I acquired some time ago...There seems to be a broad consensus that the Vintage 74 Personna are quite evil, unforgiving and not everybody's cup of tea and a Love them or hate them sort of thing.......:s

I reaped the rewards for my endeavours' as the 74 Personna smoothed out and came into its own on my 3rd and final "Vinegar Stroke" pass as I like to call it........I ended up with the Schick Injector Shave of My Life with an irritation free smooth and deep BBS result that would equal the feeling of any 1912.........Here, again, a blade that was manufactured during the height of the Post War Years out performing any currently available Modern Injector Blade by a wide margin.........:icon_rolleyes:

I am going to treasure these Blades and keep them for the Final "Vinegar Stroke" Pass and enjoy the Climax of the Post Shaving Experience they have to Offer....:icon_razz:

Chinese Proverb
"TASTE THE BITTER TO TASTE THE SWEET"

Well it's good that you have a reference point by now and so you see what this Personna74 blade is about. Yeah, you can understand why those things get top dollar all the time. I think there were about 8-10 extremely sharp shaves in each blade for me. When using them in my M type adjustable I would bump the magic # one milder to compensate. Not a forgiving blade for me but really really sharp.

You see the whole box of injector packs Eric just got? Some Gillette Platinum Plus.......excellent blade almost as sharp as the Personna 74 but more forgiving. A top blade for me and definitely one you shoud try. Man, I was almost envious when I saw that load and meant to complement him.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the Intel......:icon_razz:

I well check these blades out.....I am enjoying experimenting with these Older Blades and I am coming to the conclusion that there is perhaps some subjective conditioning going on in terms what an efficient Injector Blade should feel like.........

I mean, a Personna 74, for me any way, doesn't feel as smooth as a Modern Personna/Chinese Schick Blade on the downward pass, but beats them all the way to hell and back on the final upward pass.......Bitter and Sweet.......The USA Made Schick Krona Super Blades just feel deceptively sweet on both downward and upward passes , but decidedly more dangerous than Modern Blades and more forgiving than the Personna 74s .........:s

Both can be more dangerous, but sure as Hell have the edge over currently available Blades........I think that Modern Blades are easier to use in some respects, but water down the shaving potential of an Old Injector somewhat.....

Billy

Fergiebilly said:
Hi Martin,

I am coming to the conclusion that there is perhaps some subjective conditioning going on in terms what an efficient Injector Blade should feel like.........

I mean, a Personna 74, for me any way, doesn't feel as smooth as a Modern Personna/Chinese Schick Blade on the downward pass, but beats them all the way to hell and back on the final upward pass.......Bitter and Sweet.......The USA Made Schick Krona Super Blades just feel deceptively sweet on both downward and upward passes , but decidedly more dangerous than Modern Blades and more forgiving than the Personna 74s .........:s

Both can be more dangerous, but sure as Hell have the edge over currently available Blades........I think that Modern Blades are easier to use in some respects, but water down the shaving potential of an Old Injector somewhat.....

Billy

Just like DE shaving, the sharpest blade isn't always best for everyone. Sometimes they come with baggage and not worth the benefit of a somewhat closer shave.

I know NTS likes those Krona ones but they don't fit me very well.

I think you're right about modern blades making things easy to get a good but not great shave. Nothing wrong ending up with that....having a good change of pace set up. Just depends how far down that rabbit hole you wanna fall.

Martin

Yeah, the kronas aren't super sharp but they're far better than the Personnas still made today. They are also smooth and forgiving.
The Platinum Plus are my favourite injectors but I have to be very careful with them - very sharp, very smooth but keen to bite if provoked

I do like the modern Chinese Schick blades though - pretty sharp, smooth and forgiving but I seem to get fewer shaves before they start to go blunt

NotTheStig said:
Yeah, the kronas aren't super sharp but they're far better than the Personnas still made today. They are also smooth and forgiving.
The Platinum Plus are my favourite injectors but I have to be very careful with them - very sharp, very smooth but keen to bite if provoked

I do like the modern Chinese Schick blades though - pretty sharp, smooth and forgiving but I seem to get fewer shaves before they start to go blunt

I managed to snag 10 Dutch Made Platinum Plus Blades tonight from an EU Seller on Flea-Bay........:icon_razz:

I am looking forward to getting them through the door........

Billy

NotTheStig said:

I remember when we both tried those blades and had the same opinion. I had never heard of those before and a total blind buy for almost no money. Man, that was a pleasant surprise.

So for the other members info, it's real sharp and smooth, but still kinda forgiving. Whiskers get whacked like crazy. There's a little buffer.....just enough time to stop before screwing up. Plus, they are extremely comfortable to use.

But yeah, when the shave's done without incident or color it's a good feeling. The trade off is the little extra attention needed and any technique tweaking. Those blades will leave your face pretty smooth as you know.

Martin

Ohhh wait,

Almost forgot the congrats on that recent nice bunch of vintage blades you grabbed. I was thinking if any member needs more of those it would be you......

Always makes me smile when I see your various blade acquisitions. Everyone has their schtick and them is yours.

PAL INJECTCOMATIC.......:icon_rolleyes:
_1mnbv_zpsyjyc6fmr.jpg
[/URL][/img]

I've just sat down after my first shaving experience with a Chinese Schick Blade in my favourite PAL Injector......For me the PAL Injectomatics can be quite cruel without the right focus, care and attention........I had an idea that the Chinese Schick Injector Blade would be a good blade combination for me with this razor as I find them to be quite allusive and ghost like......:s

I am seriously impressed with the Chinese Schick Blade/PAL Injector combination......After what felt like an effortless smooth 4 pass shaving routine, I ended up with a face as shiny as a the cheeks on a child's plastic doll ........This razor and blade is a serious Whisker Whacker ......There wasn't much in terms of audible feedback........As quiet as a Ninja, but as sharp as a Samurai .......:s

The Pal Injectors are different animals to the Schick Injectors .....Like the OCMM a very light touch is the order of the day as they have the capacity to turn into a cruel ugly monster.........That said.....I used a tad of pressure on my fourth and final pass that I wouldn't have dared before with a Personna Injector Blade.....

Here, again, the shaving experience with these Chinese Schick Injector Blades just feels so different......I have got to say that for me, I have found the Ideal blade combination for my PAL Injector .....A harmonious unification between a razor and blade that's hard to compete with......If the Mongoose is any better it must be an almighty shaving tool........:p

I looked at the Cheap Looking PAL Injectomatic that could have came free in a Corn Flakes Packet and thought about what " Michael Caine" had to say about life in his Cult 1960s Movie....

WHATS IT ALL ABOUT ALFIE ? ....:huh:

You may already know, but don't put one of the twinjector (double layer injector blades) in a Pal. A tip I got from dodgy and sure enough, when I read my razor's instructions booklet, it also says not to use them. Doesn't say why but maybe the opening doesn't fit them and could jam or damage the razor. Who knows, but I'm not trying it to find out

I have noticed that the head can be a bit tighter and the opening is quite narrow compared to the Schick's after the Key is inserted.........
Glad you mentioned that though......Thanks ....:icon_razz:
I have seen some of these up for grabs......Does the Schick's take the double blades ?.......:huh:

Just thought I'd mention that I have now had a chance to acquire and try a number of razors and blades. I have Schick E, L and M, a PAL Injectomatic and a PAL Adjustable.

Of the Schicks, the E and the M give me the best shave. I find I have to watch the M - it won't nick me but if the dial is turned up too much I get 'hot face'. I haven't yet tried the Injectomatic but the PAL adjustable is a fantastic razor. I gather I'm lucky to avoid some QC issues but I get a BBS shave with the setting half-way and then turning up to max aggression to finish two small awkward patches on my neck.

Blades. I have no problem with any blades. The Personna and Chinese current production blades are excellent with the Chinese noticeably sharper. Of NOS blades I have, I find the Dutch Schicks VERY sharp and needing due care and attention. The Plus Platinum blade are fantastic. Ultra-sharp yet forgiving.

PAL Adjustable + Platinum blade = shaving nirvana.

I have been so delighted with SE shaving that I'm now pursuing a GEM Featherweight just to see how it feels. It's the least 'steampunk' of the older SEs I reckon!

Christy in the Post.....
DSC08025_zpsl1et5euj.jpg
[/URL][/img]
I received the USA Made Christy Single Edge Razor through the post yesterday......
Paul was kind enough to send this to me to see if I liked it.....Paul said that if I liked it that I was welcome to hold onto it........Well, what can I say......Thank you Paul for a wonderful gift......I like it very much.....:icon_razz:

The Christy was designed to use a Proprietor Blade that's no longer available ....See Pauls, link below........Schick lovers beware.......:heart:....Some serious Schick Bashing going on here.....:icon_razz:
http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=30636

I had my first shave with the Christy today with one of a batch of NOS Dutch Made Schick Platinum Injector Blades that I received through the post this morning.....
I offered the Christy/NOS Blade combination four days whiskers to cut down......
And I must say this unorthodox Razor and Blade Combo is a serious Whisker Whacking Instrument of War.......:icon_mrgreen:

I wouldn't say that this is an aggressive razor nor would I say falls into the camp of being a mild razor......I cant pigeon hole this razor and blade combination as I found that its so adaptable to a fast change of pace from feeling mild towards feeling quite aggressive with short chopping motions when shaving those hard to reach nooks and crannies and against the grain.........The Christy is so light and manoeuvrable whilst having a sure footed feeling about it.......The NOS Dutch Made Schick Platinum Injector Blade is so sharp I had the feeling that I was shaving with a Precision Made Surgical Instrument....:s

On my fourth and final pass, I was using a fair amount of pressure.....The Christy's head and comb is so smooth that there is almost a vacuum between it and my face.... The NOS Dutch Made Schick Platinum Injector Blade is dangerously sharp, but offers a warning when being provoked stopping any Blood Being Spilled........

I must declare an All over BBS Result with the Christy/NOS Blade combination ...There is no hint of any irritation and I feel my face and skin to be smooth, youthful and rejuvenated ...:blush:

And I must say.......Thanks to Paul for sending me this, somewhat, Eccentric and Unorthodox Razor as a present that's proved itself to be as efficient as any Schick Injector ....The Christy NOS Blade Combination for all its SIMPLICITY is a Serious Whisker Whacking Instrument of War.......:icon_razz:

Billy

Chines Proverb
"THE SIMPLCIST IS THE HIGHEST"

Back
Top Bottom