iPhone Case

I ordered my upgrade today to a 5s, so I am after a new case any suggestions ?

I prefer a slip case, leather and nothing too cheap and nasty. I don't like the buffer or tray style cases.

I've trawled through pages of them on eBay but nothing takes my fancy. They have a nice one on the Saddleback site but it's going to go over the import limit .

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/iphone5case?sc=8&category=301414

The tobacco one appeals.

There's a seller over on Etsy based in romania that makes something similar to whats on the saddleback site its a bit more cost wise but the shipping is considerably less i'd also do a search through the site for other makers as there is quite a bit of hand made stuff on there for iphone...

Dave.B said:
There's a seller over on Etsy based in romania that makes something similar to whats on the saddleback site its a bit more cost wise but the shipping is considerably less i'd also do a search through the site for other makers as there is quite a bit of hand made stuff on there for iphone...

Very nice just what I'm looking for, love the tan version. I am going to check out a few more but that's top of the list at the moment.

Many thanks order placed, looks great and not too bad a price, shipping very reasonable too.

If you make contact with Saddleback they will not charge you the full P&P price. I purchased a wallet earlier in the year and think I only paid £7 p &p

tonyspurs said:
I've used Beyza cases on all my iPhones top quality cases and very quick delivery from Turkey
http://www.beyzacases.com/apple-cases/iphone-cases/iphone-5-and-5S-cases

I've had a Beyza one in the past. But the one I had was lined which made it thicker, and for some reason the lining puckered in the middle. The leather was nice and apart from the puckered bit it was well made.

Dave.B said:

balidey said:
How about gasgasbones?

http://www.gasgasbones.com/accessories/ggb-leather-iphone-case.html

Bloody hell I only came into this thread to recommend a case now look what's happened!! I've been enabled!! I know I don't need one but now I want one! but which one! Aaaghhh! :icon_razz:

I went with etsy one before seeing the gas bones one, but it would indeed be a difficult one. The Gasbones are a three week wait so that would of pushed me towards the etsy, but that said I may well get a Gasbones one as well. Nice leather cases are high on my list as for me they offer the best protection for my needs. My son is having my iPhone 4 and I can honestly say there isn't a single mark on it after two years.

It was the same for the 3s, in fact the 3s developed a crack I the housing after something like 9 months apparently a common fault. I went to the Apple store and they swapped it out and commented on its brand new appearance.

Got mine from Tesco for £8 - it's a flip one (vertical) and made of leather. Only gripe is there isn't a gap to access the headphone socket which is now at the bottom of the 5S. My old 4S had this on the top.

Some interesting suggestions here though. I'm a bit crazy when it comes to iPhone cases...

Gasgasbones website states long lead times 'as he is busy' but that message has been up for ages and several people on his facebook page are commenting how quick he is turning stuff round, so if you were desperate for one it sounds like he's the sort of guy that may be able to sort something out if you contacted him.

Well at this rate the case will get to me before the phone.

Ordered phone Sunday, email saying delivery today. Waited in all day for a 8.00 am to 6.00 pm delivery, nothing turns up. So a days holiday with the kids wasted. Rang them for them to say they would report the email to their people and apologised. Not good enough !! Asked for compensation to get a we don't do that ! Ask for a manager doubt they will ring.

Never ordered from either GasGasBones or Beyza cases, but I have to say that the review for the latter over on Amazon don't make good reading... Definitely worth checking these out before placing any orders.

Until someone mentioned Etsy I hadn't been on there before. There are some very nice things on there. Shaving soaps, shaving mugs and even some vintage razors. I'm trying to fend off the urge to buy some more soaps, liquorice shaving soap sounds very nice.

Back
Top Bottom