Is this redness normal? Is it permanent?

PeterGabriel77.jpeg
Like an idiot, I used to 'wet' shave without putting water on beforehand. It just never occured to me it would be that much easier. Even then it doesn't make a huge difference, and for some reason, I have some very patchy redness on my lower cheek. This redness is virtually absent on the other side of my face. NOW, I do have rosacea on the right side of my face so maybe this is partially in line with that.

Well, if you suffer with rosacea it could well be that. Especially as it can be aggrevated by skin products.

I assume have treatment for it?

Does it come up as you shave or after you use post shave products?

Other than considering the rosacea and trying to isolate any products that do / don't affect your skin I would suggest the usual advice:

Keep yourself well hydrated
Ensure you face is well soaked/hydrated before shaving
Use as little pressure as possible
Don't push for BBS shaves (it only grows back anyway)
Maybe use 1 less pass
Give your face a good cold soak post shave

Let us know how you get on..

Well, if you suffer with rosacea it could well be that. Especially as it can be aggrevated by skin products.

I assume have treatment for it?

Does it come up as you shave or after you use post shave products?

Other than considering the rosacea and trying to isolate any products that do / don't affect your skin I would suggest the usual advice:

Keep yourself well hydrated
Ensure you face is well soaked/hydrated before shaving
Use as little pressure as possible
Don't push for BBS shaves (it only grows back anyway)
Maybe use 1 less pass
Give your face a good cold soak post shave

Let us know how you get on..
It has just been there for a long time and I do use post-shave products. Is there any cream I can use that can make it go away? Maybe I will just have to shave around the area. I am very insecure about the fact that I used to shave without applying water and that it did not occur to me that is how you do things either.

Having conquered Rosacea. I would start using Sulphur soap and I would shave once a week using the Wilkinson Sword Hydro Comfort Skin Reset, followed up by the Gillette Skin Guard. Or going retro with a Schick Injector. I also recommend Nivea Sensitive balm too.

After the redness has subsided contemplate shaving midweek additionally with the Skin Guard.

20240626_190229.jpg

Back
Top Bottom