Le Tour 2014

Just heard on the local news that the Tour de France 2014 will be setting off from Leeds. I think that the first two stages will be in Yorkshire. Even if I don't go to see the kick off I think they'll be coming somewhere near me!

Bloody marvellous... think I might watch 2013 more closely now to get in the mood.

Eee, tha's right excited 'bout t'cycling, Steve. Le Tour de Yorkshire on Ilkla Moor Baht'at. Proper champion is that!

Well... I've got enough time to work meself up into a proper frenzy!

Saw the Tour of Britain go past... over twenty years ago now... blink and you'll miss it. Little guys with enormous thighs going like sh*t off a shovel

Fido said:
Whilst delighted, I'm always puzzled by the holding part of The Tour de France in another country!

It started in the 1960's with Andorra, Belgium, England, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands,Spain and Switzerland all hosting a stage.

WiffWaff said:
Well... I've got enough time to work meself up into a proper frenzy!

Saw the Tour of Britain go past... over twenty years ago now... blink and you'll miss it. Little guys with enormous thighs going like sh*t off a shovel

You're not on your own Wiff Waff! On Yorkshire.com website they have a clock counting down the days which is driving the wife insane as I inform her on a daily basis how long is left.
I'm lucky stage one is coming within 2 miles of my village and then stage 2 is passing through it. To say I'm excited would be an understatment:icon_razz::icon_razz:

I'm looking forward to the publicity caravan which proceeds the race by about an hour, with their wacky looking cars giving out freebies.
Only 502 days 17 hours 4 mins to go!

WiffWaff said:
Going to be careful booking my holidays next year so I don't miss it. The hard part is deciding were to stand... somewhere out in t'hills with a big view.
Decisions, Decisions (of the good kind).
My daughter is involved with a stable yard whose fields border the road where the route goes. I believe plans are already afoot to try and get 'the helicopter shot' of horses been ridden keeping pace alongside the peleton whilst wearing the various leaders jersey colours.:icon_razz:

J'adore T'tour:heart:

Back
Top Bottom