• Wrangler

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Do not wear Jeans

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cotton Traders here. Levis, Wranglers & co don't make 'em in my size and even when I was slim, I couldn't get 501s over my thighs without them looking like drainpipe, tight fits and causing blood flow restriction! Had a pair in my teens and found them uncomfy even then.

Favourite pair of jeans when I were a lad were C17s - many an admiring glance or comment they garnered. Chipie and Ciao were pretty popular back then as well as expensive (beyond my reach) but I couldn't stand Sonetti. Looked and felt like wannabes to me. All of these were considered above the usual Levi, Wrangler and Lee if I remember rightly. Zeus were great - just trendy enough and affordable.

These days, if they look half decent, don't cost a packet, fit me and are a proper, dark indigo blue they'll do. Wear cords and moleskins a lot of the time too, though. Jeans and old scabby ones at that for the 'gairden'. Owt else would be destroyed in a heartbeat or three.

ASDA jeans eh, LTB? Interesting as my neighbour swears by 'em and he can wreck a pair of A. N. Otherbrand's beyond all wearability in six weeks! Must have a look at these Carhartts but no doubt they'll be out of my pocket's reach. Gotta keep my pennies for footwear 'cos if I'm ultra-hard at wearing anything out then its footwear (and folks' patience....:blush:)

I'm in the supermarket jeans camp and have a couple of pairs of Union Blue jeans via Jacomo. I got into the habit of buying jeans from ASda or Tesco primarily because I wore them for work and see no point in wrecking an expensive pair of jeans that way, plus for me anyway, they seems to last as long as the expensive brand name ones, offer a decent variety of styles and are easy to get any time of day or night during the week.

I did have a giggle in Tesco a couple of weeks back whilst looking for a new pair of black jeans I noticed they had a 42 waist "skinny fit" on offer.

Levi's 501s for me. I'm 51 and have never worn any other jeans but Levi's.
Almost ordered some Albams but there was a Levi's sale in my local shop a few weeks ago and I bought 3 pairs. Should last a while. :)

hunnymonster said:
Tall_Paul said:
Carhartt imported from America.

hunnymonster put me onto them. The quality of the denim puts what we can buy in the UK to shame.

I can add another possibility... CostCo's own brand jeans. Cheap as chips and also made of proper denim... Think they're £15/pr

Right, Costco next chance the wife can go. Ta muckle. :D

hunnymonster said:
Tall_Paul said:
Carhartt imported from America.

hunnymonster put me onto them. The quality of the denim puts what we can buy in the UK to shame.

I can add another possibility... CostCo's own brand jeans. Cheap as chips and also made of proper denim... Think they're £15/pr

UK Costco or US HM?

I have to say For several years I've been bouncing between brands - probably ever since Mervyn's chain closed - as Levi's were pretty expensive in my area. I'd call them the low end Levi and Wrangler brands via Walmart or Target - and for the most part crap jeans at $40 - $50 a pair that don't wear well at all. For the last decade I thought Wrangler and Levi's quality had gone completely downhill.

Recently went back to real Levi's 501's as an outlet is now nearby. BEST JEANS EVER! I won't stray again - the originals are way better.

However other than 501's, I've had a few others that were worthy:

Lucky Brand : I had a pair that I wore the seams out over a 5 year period. Got mine on sale $45, otherwise I'd never pay $160 for jeans.

Polo : used to make a great wearing durable jean. Great price when on sale, overpriced otherwise. Polo's men's lines are generally pretty good and hold up well.

Calvin Klein : also used to make great jeans that were a tad pricey $60 but at least held up. Haven't had them in years so can't say if the quality is still there.

Levi 501 & Lee jeans are the only 2 brands I have worn for over 30 years. They just seem to fit me in the right places and both age well.

I tend to stock up whenever I or any friends go over to the States.

Back
Top Bottom