Looking for an Old Gillette Blade...

...that I cannot remember the name of. Helpful I know:icon_rolleyes:

Does anyone know if there is there a wiki on Gillette blades somewhere, or pictorial reference material that I can use to track this elusive blade down?

If anyone can help, I was sent a two packs of Gillette blades a couple of years ago with a razor that I bought from a member on B&B that I really liked. They came backed onto Blue card and were packed in a white plastic box. I am positive that they were entitled 'Silver something', or 'something Silver', but they are not modern Russian made Super Silvers (as I have found out to my cost).

This is really bugging me, can anyone assist?

Cheers

Jules

Gillette Silver Blue

Great blades

I was getting a dozen or more shaves from one blade, easily

Long gone

joe mcclaine said:
Gillette Silver Blue

Great blades

Long gone

Thanks.

Seem to recall seeing Silver Blues in a card box on ebay recently - the modern equivalent? Any Good?

Julese34 said:
joe mcclaine said:
Gillette Silver Blue

Great blades

Long gone

Thanks.

Seem to recall seeing Silver Blues in a card box on ebay recently - the modern equivalent? Any Good?

The forums would be ablaze if they were half as good as the old ones.

joe mcclaine said:
Julese34 said:
joe mcclaine said:
Gillette Silver Blue

Great blades

Long gone

Thanks.

The forums would be ablaze if they were half as good as the old ones.

Bu99er :icon_sad:

Don't know if I'm thinking of the same thing as you Julese34 but there are Super Silvers on ebay. I bought just a 5-pack and they aren't very sharp. They have that smoothness that Gillettes of that time have but don't really get close enough. You might like them though; they could be "the one".

NotTheStig said:
Don't know if I'm thinking of the same thing as you Julese34 but there are Super Silvers on ebay. I bought just a 5-pack and they aren't very sharp. They have that smoothness that Gillettes of that time have but don't really get close enough. You might like them though; they could be "the one".

No mate, I bought 50 Super Silvers thinking they were Silver Blue's. They are nothing like Silver Blue's at all, unfortunately.:icon_sad:

SpeedyBabylon5 said:
What about these ones.
http://www.italianbarber.com/5-gillette-silver-blue-de-blades-1-packs-of-5-blades

Anyone tried these?

Modern Russian Silver Blues

No, been looking at them though. Seem to be quite hard to come by. Only 2 or 3 retailers (mostly in the US) seem to stock them. Would be interested to hear any feedback on them

Back
Top Bottom