Lothur

You will have to post a review of your own, I don't know anything about this brand, I have not brought anything in the way of soap since buying the Hampshire Wool Fat.
Is it expensive , what's it got going for it?

Paul.
Seems an interesting brand
The owner done a lot of research as you would imagine.
5% of all sales goes to a mental health charity in the u.k..
He’s trying to promote well being & men taking time out to pamper themselves.
The names of the soaps all mean something & the artwork it’s quite simplistic.
Kevyshaves & The virtualgroomroom do a couple of good reviews on youtube.
iv actually been holding off as i’m after a few soaps from 345 soap company

Used Løthur (Tears) for the first time last night...

Well let’s start with the a positive. The Tears scent is really nice. It reminds me of a fragrance, maybe Tom Ford Neroli Portofino?
The scent strength was disappointing though. It was barely detectable during the shave but it did linger for a few hours after the shave, “every cloud”.

The ‘soap’ is basically a cream (why can’t artisans make a firm/hard soap these days?). Loading direct from the tub was a mistake as I got big clumps of product in the brush. I face lathered with little success. I added some more product to a bowl and things started to improve. (after an age) I couldn’t get enough water into the product to get it to soft peaks consistency. I found it lacked protection/cushion and slickness. No doubt this is down to my shameful lack of patience…oh and technique. :p I’m sure things will improve once I’ve used it a few more times.

Post shave: I didn’t use a post shave product as this is where the soap supposedly really shines. I wasn’t a fan of the ‘feel’ of the post shave for the first hour but after that I can report the post shave was very good.

You know me I always like to finish on a higher. ;)

@Blademonkey

Used Løthur (Tears) for the first time last night...

Well let’s start with the a positive. The Tears scent is really nice. It reminds me of a fragrance, maybe Tom Ford Neroli Portofino?
The scent strength was disappointing though. It was barely detectable during the shave but it did linger for a few hours after the shave, “every cloud”.

The ‘soap’ is basically a cream (why can’t artisans make a firm/hard soap these days?). Loading direct from the tub was a mistake as I got big clumps of product in the brush. I face lathered with little success. I added some more product to a bowl and things started to improve. (after an age) I couldn’t get enough water into the product to get it to soft peaks consistency. I found it lacked protection/cushion and slickness. No doubt this is down to my shameful lack of patience…oh and technique. :p I’m sure things will improve once I’ve used it a few more times.

Post shave: I didn’t use a post shave product as this is where the soap supposedly really shines. I wasn’t a fan of the ‘feel’ of the post shave for the first hour but after that I can report the post shave was very good.

You know me I always like to finish on a higher. ;)

@Blademonkey
I always face lather even with lothur…if you try not to apply pressure while using the brush in the soap bowl you can easily face lather without taking a lot of product.
Once in the face it needs a lot of water until you will see a creamy yogurt consistency

Back
Top Bottom